News and events
CWF is extremely pleased to announce two ARC Grants were submitted directly for the Centre...
CWF will work with the Maritime College in Tasmania for 5 years within a Research Collaboration Framework...
CWF has entered into an agreement with the Fair Work Commission to explore and research collective bargaining and dispute resolution...
The Centre for Workforce Futures will be working with the Port of Newcastle to examine its nature and direction in the coming decade...
Research Collaboration Agreement signed with the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) to explore an online skills verification system
Macquarie University and QTAC have concluded a 5-year agreement to jointly develop an application for online skills verification software in the ...
15th Nov 2018 9:15amExamination of the impact of almost 50 years of anti-discrimination and equity law, policy and practicesThe symposium is a combined initiative of
16th Oct 2018 5:30pmProfessor Sabina Siebert, Adam Smith School of Business, University of Glasgow, presented her study on the links between institutions and buildin
Addressing the ostrich phenomenon: gender, cultural and age diversity and the future of workplace culture
28th May 2018 5:30pmThe FBE Centre for Workforce Futures Lighthouse Issues Forum, held on Monday 28 May 2018 at the State Library of NSW brought together women leade
Lighthouse Lecture Series: Reading Qantas History: Discourses of Intersectionality and the Early Years of Qantas
6th Mar 2018 4:00pmThe Faculty of Business and Economics welcomed Professor Albert J. Mills, Director of the Sobey School of Business PhD Management Program at Sain
CEDA Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion Series: ‘Legacies that inspire equality’
Held at the Shangrila Hotel on 4 October 2018.
CEDA Trustee, Professor Lucy Taksa presented an Introductory Address and chaired the panel discussion with:
- Elizabeth Broderick (ex Sex Discrimination Commissioner and now UN Rapporteur);
- Kevin McCann AM, a Founding Member of the Male Champions of Change and chair of many Boards;
- Professor Mary Foley AM, Managing Director with Telstra Health and President, of YWCA NSW;
- Sonja Stewart, Deputy Secretary – Social Policy, in the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC).
‘Sharpening the vision of the present? Reflections on approaches to History and Historical Perspective in the Study of Management and Organisations’
On 21 September 2018, Professor Taksa presented at Paris-Dauphine University on the importance of historical perspective in management and organisation studies.
In The Media
3 Dec 2018
- Professor Nick Parr provided comment to the Sydney Morning Herald about the rate of migration to Sydney and the pressures it places on the city
30 Nov 2018
- Dr Nikki Balnave asserts that co-ops offer a moral and ethical alternative to for-profit business models for societies disillusioned by corporate corruption and greed
26 Nov 2018
- Professor Nick Parr provided comment to the Australian Financial Review about Australia’s population growth
20 Nov 2018
- Professor Nick Parr was featured on SBS Radio regarding pre-natal sex selection and its impact on gender balance in the population
19 Nov 2018
- Professor Nick Parr was featured in The Daily Telegraph (subscriber-only) and on Channel 9 Today On Sunday regarding the declining birth rate in New South Wales
15 Nov 2018
- Professor Ingrid Piller was interviewed on SBS German about why bilingualism helps against Alzheimer’s disease
12 Nov 2018
- Dr Ben Spies-Butcher contributed the article ‘Two birds with one stone. How better taxing super could fund aged care’
- Professor Johanna Westbrook provided comment to News.com.au about discrimination and bullying in healthcare which poses risks to both doctor and patient safety
2 Nov 2018
- Associate Professor Louise Thornthwaite was interviewed on ABC Radio Perth Breakfast regarding whether a retweet signals an endorsement
- Associate Professor Chris Baumann contributed the article ‘What the modern gig economy is doing to customer experience’ to CMO Magazine
9 Oct 2018
- Professor Nick Parr was interviewed for ABC on ‘Foreign students left out of Government's regional migration push despite growing impact’
1 Oct 2018
- Professor Lucy Taksa was interviewed by Tom Mann on Radio Adelaide 101.5FM Breakfast on what is wrong with our current approach to discrimination
28 Sep 2018
- Professor Fei Guo was interviewed by SBS Mandarin in relation to encouraging international students to study in regional centres
27 Sep 2018
- Professor Ingrid Piller contributed the article ‘FactCheck: do over a “million” people in Australia not speak English “well or at all”?’ to The Conversation
17 Sep 2018
- Professor Lucy Taksa was interviewed for Fran Molloy's article ‘Future of work is about humans, not robots’
2 Sep 2018
- Professor Lucy Taksa, Interview with Ian Newton on shifting from unconscious bias to higher standards of behaviour, Morning Juice Program, RadioAdelaide101.5FM
30 Aug 2018
- Professor Lucy Taksa and A/Prof Louise Thornthwaite contributed an article ‘Training won’t end discrimination, we have to hold people responsible’
5 August 2018
- Associate Professor Louise Thornthwaite was interviewed on Hugh Rimington’s Roundtable, ABC Radio National