News and events
Current events MQCQE
Seminar schedule 2019
|25 June at Noon||Pedro Contino Da Silva Costa||MQ||Quantum Cellular Automata and Quantum Walks to Classical and Quantum Simulation and Computation|
|26 June||Ben Brown||University of Sydney||A fault-tolerant non-Clifford gate for the surface code in two dimensions|
|6 June||Nathan McMahon||University of Queensland||Holographic Quantum Error Correction Codes|
|2 May||Wei Wei Zhang||University of Sydney||Realizing Quantum Exotic Properties with Dynamics|
|16 April||Qi Yu||UNSW||On Hybrid Quantum Filtering and Capability of Quantum Sensors|
|8 April||Yuan Su||University of Maryland||Polaritonic superfluidity: a nonequilibrium version of Landau's two-fluids superfluid|
|28 March||Chris Jackson||University of New Mexico||How to Implement a generalized-coherent-state POVM|
MQCQE journal club:
Location: 9WW102 (Located in E6B)
Purpose: To improve collaboration between members of MQCQE by providing a forum in which to share and discuss meaningful research in quantum science and technology.
- Takes the form of a shared lunch break once per fortnight.
- Opportunity for MQCQE members to share news and discuss current research.
- Each lunch is run by a chairperson, who is responsible for moderating discussion.
- Each MQCQE member is encouraged to present an item for discussion.
Acceptable Discussion Items:
Any respectable scholarly output on the subject of quantum science and technology. Examples of possible discussion items:
- Peer-reviewed journal publications.
- Accepted Master’s or PhD theses.
- ArXiv preprints.
- Talks and lectures (should be transcribed).
- Research blog posts.
- Corrections or retractions (look at retractionwatch.org for inspiration).
- Books or book reviews.
You are encouraged to present your own work!