News and events
VISOR Research Portrayed in the Opening of the Simulation Hub
A/Prof Manolya Kavakli presented 10 years of VISOR research at the Human Performance Simulation: A Meeting of the Minds Workshop before in the Opening of the Simulation Hub on 20th July 2015.
The seminar was titled Training Simulations, Expertise & Virtual Reality.
VISOR in the Press
Our research projects have been frequently profiled (33 times to date) in the Australian Financial Review, Sydney Morning Herald, ABC TV and Radio, regional & national newspapers, as well as international press. The full list can be accessed through this link. Some are listed below:
- Virtually Limitless, Cosmos Magasine, Ultimate Science Guide, 2014, on Page 30 as Benjamin Skuse interview 22/1/2014.
- Mobile Technologies and Motion Sickness, 27th Sep 2013,
- Applications of Virtual Reality, Karen McGee, Macquarie University Poster, 28.8.2013
- Gait recognition, TwoMinuteTV by Michael Koslowsky, Producer, 11th Dec 2012 -which is a series of two minute videos to be aired on Qantas inflight in early 2013.
- 3D TVs and Motion Sickness, ABC 7:30 report, on ABC1, June 3rd, 2010 – at 7:30pm
- Simulator Sickness Research, Good Game, ABC TV Show, 2009 by Maurice Branscombe Monday 9th November – at 8:30PM on ABC
- Interacting With Computers Via Gesture Recognition, 24 Dec 2008, Medical News Today, Article id 133748
- Gait Recognition research could make catching Osama a walkover, Sun-Herald on 22 October 2006.
Simulation Hub VR Lab Featured in Macquarie Matters
Simulation Hub has been featured in Macquarie Matters.
Macquarie VR Lab Featured on Good Game
An episode of the ABC hit TV show Good Game featured some footage of the VR lab along with an interview with Manolya Kavakli of Macquarie University.
- Download the clip from a segment on studies on motion sickness and its effect on gamers (63MB).