2nd Australasian Commodity Markets Conference
Submissions now open
- Date: 22-23 March, 2018
- Venue: Macquarie University City Campus, 123 Pitt Street (Angel Place), Sydney, Australia
A conference at Macquarie University to present and discuss high-quality research in all areas of economics and finance related to commodity markets, with an emphasis on – but not limited to – the Australasian aspects of commodity markets and energy risk.
The conference will be held in conjunction with the Journal of Commodity Markets.
- Keynote Speech: Jaime Casassus, Universidad Catolica de Chile
Conference participation fees:
- Academic rate: A$400 (Early Bird, until January 22, 2018), A$500 (Standard Rate)
- Industry rate: A$500 (Full Conference), A$300 (One-Day Registration)
- Full-time PhD Students: $A250
This registration includes lunch and refreshments, plus a conference dinner on Thursday, March 22.
We welcome submissions from all areas of economics and finance related to commodity markets. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Pricing, hedging, and risk analysis of commodity derivatives and derivatives portfolios
- Renewable energy and the transition of electricity markets
- Portfolio allocation/optimization including commodities
- Financialisation of commodity markets
- LNG, coal and energy markets
- Econometric/statistical analysis of commodity markets
- Commodity markets decision making
- Real option analysis for commodity investments
- Carbon bubble and stranded assets
- Financial market analysis (risk factor models etc) for commodity markets
- Energy pricing issues in Asia and Australia
- Global and regional trade of commodities
- Carbon pricing and emissions trading
Please submit your paper to: email@example.com
The deadline for paper submissions is December 31, 2017. Earlier submissions are welcome. Papers must be in pdf format.
Notification of acceptance will typically be sent within two weeks of submission, but no later than January 15, 2018.