2nd Australasian Commodity Markets Conference
Academic Submissions Now Closed, Industry Submissions open till 16th of Feb, 2018
- Date: 22-23 March, 2018
- Venue: Macquarie University City Campus, 123 Pitt Street (Angel Place), Sydney, Australia
A conference at Macquarie University to present and discuss high-quality research in all areas of economics and finance related to commodity markets, with an emphasis on – but not limited to – the Australasian aspects of commodity markets and energy risk.
The conference will be held in conjunction with the Journal of Commodity Markets.
- Keynote Speech: Jaime Casassus, Universidad Catolica de Chile
Conference participation fees:
- Academic rate: A$400 (Early Bird, until January 24 (11.59pm, Australian Eastern Daylight Time)), A$500 (Standard Rate)
- Industry rate: A$500 (Full Conference), A$300 (One-Day Registration)
- Full-time PhD Students: $A250
This registration includes lunch and refreshments, plus a conference dinner on Thursday, March 22.
We welcome submissions from all areas of economics and finance related to commodity markets. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Pricing, hedging, and risk analysis of commodity derivatives and derivatives portfolios
- Renewable energy and the transition of electricity markets
- Portfolio allocation/optimization including commodities
- Financialisation of commodity markets
- LNG, coal and energy markets
- Econometric/statistical analysis of commodity markets
- Commodity markets decision making
- Real option analysis for commodity investments
- Carbon bubble and stranded assets
- Financial market analysis (risk factor models etc) for commodity markets
- Energy pricing issues in Asia and Australia
- Global and regional trade of commodities
- Carbon pricing and emissions trading
Academic Submissions Now Closed, Industry Submissions open till 16th of Feb:
Please submit your paper to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Submissions Now Closed, Industry Submissions open till 16th of Feb. Papers must be in pdf format.
We will also hold a small number of sessions without discussants. Therefore, we encourage authors to submit (extended) abstracts in case they do not have a full Working Paper ready by the submission deadline.
Notification of acceptance will typically be sent within two weeks of submission, but no later than January 25, 2018.