1st Australasian Commodity Markets Conference
- Date: 6-7 April 2017
- Venue: Macquarie University, Sydney @ The Campus Hub Building
Macquarie University is located 20km from Sydney’s downtown area, with direct train links every 15 minutes, and a journey time of 30 mins. The campus is in a park-like setting, with several accommodation options nearby. Details will be added to the conference website. April is generally warm, clear and sunny and it’s great for visiting Sydney’s famous beaches
A conference at Macquarie University to present and discuss high-quality research in all areas of economics and finance related to commodity markets, with an emphasis on – but not limited to – the Australasian aspects of commodity markets and energy risk
- Keynote speech: Marcel Prokopczuk, Leibniz university Hannover
Conference participation fees
- Academic rate: $A400
- PhD Students: $A250
This includes lunch and refreshments on both days, plus the conference dinner.
Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Pricing, hedging, and risk analysis of commodity derivatives and derivatives portfolios
- Portfolio allocation/optimization including commodities
- Financialisation of commodity markets
- LNG, coal and energy markets
- Econometric/statistical analysis of commodity markets
- Commodity markets decision making
- Real option analysis for commodity investments
- Financial market analysis (risk factor models etc) for commodity markets
- Energy pricing issues in Australia and Asia
- Global and regional trade of commodities
Two full days of presentations 9-5pm, with a conference dinner on Thursday 6 April. A tentative schedule will also be added to the conference webpages soon.
A range of accommodation is available within a 5-10 minute walk of the conference venue. Options include two businesshotels and a small number of rooms at a residential college. There are also serviced apartments nearby.
Accommodation in the centre of Sydney may also suit some delegates. Proximity to Town Hall and Wynyard Stations makes it easy to commute to the campus, while enjoying the vibrant downtown area, harbour and easy access to beaches via ferry. We are happy to assist with your choice of accommodation. Suggestions will be included on our webpage, based on suitable locations and value.