Expand your knowledge and enhance your professional skill set: study via Non Award at Macquarie University
Considering learning something new to refresh or expand your knowledge or upgrade your professional skills? Our changing world requires dynamic, creative thinkers who are able to challenge the status quo, make new connections and apply their knowledge across disciplines to real-world problems. Enrol in a Non Award unit today to enhance your suite of skills for the future.
You might consider studying a unit via Non Award to:
- Complete units before commencing a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree
- Refresh or learn new IT skills
- Learn about a foreign culture or a new language in preparation for a business conference
- Study introductory marketing, business administration or accounting units to assist in running a business
- Meet professional accreditation requirements (e.g. CPA, CA, Actuarial Control Cycle and Investment Management)
- Keep up-to-date on current environmental trends and issues
What do I need to know about Non Award?
Do I complete the same work as a student in a degree program?
Yes – refer to Bachelor Degree Rules 7-13 in the University Handbook of Undergraduate Studies or the Handbook of Postgraduate Studies for postgraduate students
What are the tuition fees?
Non Award is an upfront tuition fees program
I want to study for general interest/personal development
Mature-age students, or students with previous tertiary experience may wish to enrol in University units (subjects) purely for interest or self-development without having to enrol in a degree.
Majority of the units offered on the Macquarie online course handbook can be undertaken on a non-award basis. Acceptance in the individual unit, however, is subject to department approval.
I want to study for professional purposes
See information on studying for professional purposes
How do I apply?
Visit the application information page