Reserve & online unit readings
Academic staff are encouraged to submit reading lists/Unit outlines in order to ensure that essential teaching materials are made available through Reserve and the online readings collection.
Closing date for Unit Readings:
Session 3, 2016 is Monday, 7 November, 2016.
Session 1, 2017 is Friday, 20th January, 2017.
Reading lists received after these dates may not be processed for the beginning of Session
Please note: Due to very low borrowing, “7 Day Loan” has been discontinued.”
Reading list items can be placed on:
- Reserve - 3 hour loan area of the Library for essential and high demand items. (The Reserve collection contains the most recent editions of textbooks and other hardcopy items, with copies of earlier editions retained elsewhere in the Library).
- Online unit readings (These will be put into the University's designated repository for online journal articles and book chapters.)
Email your reading list or unit outline as a word document to: email@example.com
- Show correct bibliographical information
- Be arranged in weekly course delivery order
- Indicate with a single asterisk any items intended for Reserve or online unit readings.
Eg: * Mountain Men, Cubit & Haygarth 2015
If the reading list does not have (*) we assume that nothing is required for Reserve or online unit readings.
For faster processing
Staff can provide copies of readings (hardcopies / pdf).
Pdfs must be of excellent quality to ensure accessibility.
- 1 single page to each A4 copied sheet or pdf scan
- Clear print
- Minimal or no dark borders
- File sizes as small as possible
- Complete bibliographic citation for each document
- Title page of book or journal issue as page 1
- Page containing ISBN and publication details
Documents that do not meet above requirements cannot be used.
Please provide your name, contact details and unit code.
For hard copies, fill in the relevant sections of the Unit readings Cover Sheet (pdf).
- For faster processing of books for Reserve bring them directly to the Collection point, level 2, Library.
- Please supply a Unit code for all books needed in Reserve
- Alternatively, we will source the books if you provide an annotated reading list.
- Books can also be requested using the Request Form
For online articles and chapters
The Library manages the University repository for online material.
- Please print and fill in the relevant sections of the Unit Readings Cover Sheet (pdf 64kb) when providing readings, or
- Book chapters and journal articles can be requested using the Book or book chapter request Form or the Journal Article Request Form.
For private copies
Academic staff may provide a private copy of a book if the Library does not hold it. These private copies will be held in Reserve until the Library can purchase the necessary book.
Please bring your item/s to the collection point on level 2 with a completed Unit Readings Cover Sheet. (pdf)
Audio visual material
Use of DVD/video
Under the licence between Macquarie University and Screenrights, staff and enrolled Macquarie students are able to bring DVDs/videos and other material from home to use for research or study. This includes recordings from television or radio that have been made at home.
Staff and students must follow copyright procedures outlined in the Conditions of Use for Off-Air Broadcasts of Radio and Television Programmes
Request a DVD/Video for class use
We can provide DVDs/videos, including video streaming, for use in lectures/classes.
Contact us to make a requests.
Items in the database are given expiry dates. This allows us to effectively manage copyright and ensures that the documents made available are current and relevant.
If you wish to reactivate an expired document, call 7551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a complete list of the material associated with your Unit, and you can then tell us which documents you require.