Cross Institutional studies

Cross Institutional studies

If you are enrolling as a cross-institutional student at Macquarie University, then you are in the right place!

Disability services

If you need help with any part of your enrolment due to disability, complete the registration form and contact Health and Wellbeing. Assistance is available to help complete the on-campus process and for support throughout your studies.

Let's get started! Follow Steps 1 - 4 to complete your enrolment.

Step 1

Your Cross-institutional enrolment checklist

Follow this checklist to complete your enrolment for Session 1. 


Retrieve your Student ID in Step 2.

Familiarise yourself with University language and what you need to know in Step 3.

Log into eStudent in Step 4

There you can:

1. Accept your offer 

2. Submit your government forms, such as a HECS-HELP and Commonwealth Assistance eCAF or FEE-HELP eCAF. 

Check out this handy guide to submitting government forms for more information.

2. Update and check your personal details

3. Enrol into units

4. Register in classes, and make your timetable

5. Pay your fees (if applicable)

Activate your OneID. Your OneID allows access to iLearn, email and Ask.MQ using the same password. Your OneID is your 8-digit Student ID and password of choice.

Log into your student email via You should have received your email address when you activated your OneID. To log in, use your email address and OneID password.

Log into iLearn, and access your Faculty support information, as well as learning materials for your units.

Once you have enrolled into your units, you can get your campus card in one of two ways:

1. Online via CaptureMe, which enables you to take and submit your own photo for your Macquarie University campus card.

You can log into CaptureMe using your OneID.

You will be notified when your pre-ordered card is ready for pick up from Student Connect. Remember to bring official photo ID with you, such as a valid driver's license, passport, or proof of age card.

2. In person at Student Connect. Remember to bring official photo ID with you, such as a valid driver's license, passport or proof of age card.

You can find more information about getting your campus card here.
Have a question? 

Need more information? Search our knowledge base.

Step 2

Find your student ID

Your 8-digit student ID is at the top of your offer letter. You'll need this to accept your offer and enrol.

Step 3

Get to know the language

You will find the following terms useful during your time at the University.



The Handbook sets out the requirements for bachelor degrees, as well as the majors and units available for study each session.


The University is divided into five key subject areas called faculties. Each degree and unit falls under one of the five faculties. To see what faculty in which a degree or unit falls, visit the Handbook.

  1. Faculty of Science and Engineering (FOSE)
  2. Faculty of Business and Economics (FOBE)
  3. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FOMHS)
  4. Faculty of Human Sciences (FOHS)
  5. Faculty of Arts (FOA)


Each unit is worth a specified number of credit points. This indicates the amount of work required in the unit. Each credit point reflects 3 hours of work – so a 3 credit point unit would require 9 hours of work (in class and at home) each week. An undergraduate unit is worth 3 credit points.


A unit is a subject studied within a degree. An undergraduate unit is worth 3 credit points. The letters represent the subject area of the unit and can be found in the Handbook.

The first number represents the year level and level of understanding required for this unit.

Psyc is the subject area, and 104 is the year level 

For example, AHIS118 Latin A, is a 100 level unit for Ancient Languages. 

Upon the successful completion of this unit, you will have the knowledge to attempt higher level units. For example, AHIS219 Latin B.


Units or a requirement that must be met for you to enrol in a unit.


Professional and community engagement is known as PACE. Students must complete at least one PACE unit in their degree. PACE units provide the opportunity to use academic studies in a real life context through practical experience such as an internship, community projects and fieldwork both locally or internationally.


The academic year is divided into sessions.

  • Session 1: First half of the year.
    • February - June
  • Session 2: Second half of the year.
    • August - December
  • Session 3: An optional session run over summer for those wishing to fast track their degree.
    • December - February

Attendance mode

You can study units on-campus or off-campus. Refer to the Handbook for a description of the attendance modes for units.

Have a question? 

Need more information? Search our knowledge base.

Step 4

Ready to enrol? 

Log in to eStudent to enrol into your units.

First time logging in? The password is your date of birth (ddmmyyyy).

Having difficulties logging in?

If you need to reset or change your password, you can contact the IT Service Desk.

Log a ticket 24x7 using OneHelp
Talk to the IT Service Desk:
Direct: +61 2 9850-HELP (4357)
Australian Toll-free: 1800-MQHELP (1800 67 4357)
Send an email to
Come and visit the IT Service Desk. Find Us
Back to the top of this page