Across every Faculty the hard work of our researchers and support staff has resulted in a great result.
Fast Facts – ERA and Macquarie in 2015
ERA 2015 only: We are
- among the top 8 – and the only non-Go8 university – to have all two-digit Units of Evaluation (UoE) at 3, 4 and 5 (anything 3 and above is world class)
- 1 of 11 institutions to have 96% or more of all four-digit UoEs at 3, 4 and 5
- among the top 3 – and the only non-Go8 university to be rated 5 – for 0603 Evolutionary Biology
- among the top 5 universities in the country for 0401 Atmospheric Sciences, 2201 Applied Ethics and 07 Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences
- among the top 6 (and the only non-Go8 university) to be rated 5 for 0101 Pure Mathematics
- among the top 7 universities in the country for 0802 Computation Theory and Mathematics
- among the top 8 universities in the country for 0604 Genetics and 1112 Oncology and Carcinogenesis.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Professor Sakkie Pretorius said the ERA ratings are a vital indicator of Australia’s research excellence and performance on the whole and also show that taking a collaborative and innovative approach, with a focus on how research improves lives, pays off.
“As these ratings would suggest, we have the ability, and therefore the responsibility, to undertake world class research for the betterment of humankind, our societies, economies, and the environment.
“Macquarie’s varied research strengths – from environmental sciences, agriculture and astronomy, to quantum physics, clinical sciences and philosophy – will do much to address some of the most pressing global issues including food security, climate change, chronic diseases and mental health,” says Sakkie.
Vice-Chancellor, Professor S Bruce Dowton congratulated Macquarie researchers and support staff, saying “this success is just reward for the determination to produce the very best research. Their contributions to this success have been outstanding.
“The impact of this work changes the way people live their lives and the kind of world we leave to future generations.”