Session 1, 2020 Orientation Week – or ‘O Week’ as you’ll come to know it – is launching soon!
What is Orientation?
Orientation is the best way to start your studies! O Week runs the week before your session or term starts (and classes begin). It's a series of activities and information sessions designed to make sure you're prepared to get off to a great start at Macquarie - academically, personally, socially and professionally.
What happens at O Week?
- Get important information about your degree and how it will be taught
- Meet people – people from your course, people from your town/country, people you’ll be spending time with over the next few years
- Join student groups, clubs or societies
- Find out about the many services we have to support your studies
- Make the most of free food and fun activities
- Discover where your classrooms are located so you’re ready for the start of session
- Register for accessibility support, if you have a disability or medical condition.
While O Week is designed for new students, anyone is welcome to attend and it’s a great way for returning students to ease back into uni life.
How can I find out more?
We've got an exciting program for Session 1, 2020 which will run from Monday 17 - Monday 24 February. Registration will open late January and check your emails because we will be sending new students everything you need to know to be MQ2020 ready.
Need help? Ask a Macquarie University Mentor
The Macquarie University Mentors are your personal guides to Macquarie, and they'll be able to provide individual support for you in your first session. All new students can request a Mentor - check mq.edu.au/mentors for more instructions.
Keep across the action!
Discover Macquarie groups and clubs based on your interests and activities. Stay informed about what’s happening on campus – events, gigs, special offers, employment opportunities and more.
Get involved and register on MacSync for your one-stop shop with everything you want in the one place.