Domestic HDR Main Scholarship Round
PhD, MPhil, MRes Y2
RTP & MQRES
27 Aug 2018 12am AEST
31 Oct 2018 11pm AEDT
Scholarship available to
2019 Research Training Program scholarship (RTP) and Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship program (MQRES)
The main scholarship round for domestic candidates is the Research Training Program scholarship (RTP). The Research Training Program is the Australian Commonwealth Government scholarship scheme for supporting higher degree research candidates.
Applicants applying for the RTP will be automatically considered for the University funded Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship program (MQRES) in the same round.
Applicants should refer to main round scholarships as either ‘RTP’ or ‘MQRES’ within their application. No allocation reference numbers apply.
All applicants must read the additional information for applicants for important information regarding the application process
- Domestic candidates commencing their PhD or MPhil or MRes Year 2 program for commencement in Session 1 2019 on a full time basis
- Applicants must meet Macquarie University’s HDR academic admission requirements by having already completed, or expect to complete, in 2018 any prior qualifications
- Applicants must meet Macquarie University academic admission requirements, including the minimum English language requirements. There will be no exceptions or waivers.
- Candidates are expected to undertake full time, internal, on-site candidature at Macquarie University and be residing within the wider Sydney Metropolitan area during candidature
- Candidates will be rated against the criteria outlined on the MQ HDR scholarship rating sheet, and in accordance with the MQ Research Training Program Scholarship Guidelines
Note: Current MRes candidates do not need to apply for a PhD scholarship in this round. Candidates progressing from MRes Y2 to PhD can be considered for a PhD scholarship via applying for scholarship in the progression paperwork. For more information, please refer to the MRES Examination FAQs.
Successful RTP candidates will receive:
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum
- Stipend (tax exempt, indexed annually, 2019 rate $27,596pa)
Successful MQRES candidates will receive
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum, funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government
- Stipend (tax exempt, indexed annually, 2019 rate $27,596pa
How to Apply
Applications for funding commencing in Session 1 2019 will open in August 2018 and close on 31 October 2018, 11:59PM (AEDT).
August 2018: Domestic HDR Scholarship round for 2019 commencement OPENS (PhD, MPhil, MRes Y2 with scholarship)
31 October 2018, 11:59PM: Domestic HDR Scholarship round for 2019 CLOSES at 11:59PM
Mid-December 2018 onwards: Domestic HDR Scholarship round outcomes issued
Please note that the dates above refer to Sydney (Australian Eastern Daylight Time [AEDT]).