4. Scholarship opportunities
|Step 1: Entry requirements||Step 2: Find a supervisor||Step 3: Research proposal||Step 4: Scholarships||Step 5: Submit||Step 6: Review Offer and Accept|
The next step in the process is exploring potential funding possibilities through our scholarship opportunities.
Macquarie University has a very generous scholarship program to attract and support high quality domestic and international research candidates. These opportunities include a Main Scholarship round every year as well as a range of other specific and international opportunities.
New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Although it is not mandatory to provide academic referee reports, it may help to strengthen a scholarship application if applicants have their referees complete an Academic Referee Report form.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer LESS than 12 months old:
- Complete and submit the HDR Application for Scholarship Only form (available on the HDRO forms website) and include supporting documentation, such as:
- any additional information or research output since original application and commencement
- updated CV
- offer letter and/or research student profile
- Indicate the reference under the scholarship details question
- Email the application to email@example.com in ONE pdf document and MUST indicate in the subject line the MQ ID, full name and reference
Any consumed prior enrolment will be counted as advanced standing and will reduce the maximum scholarship duration offered.