5. Submit your application
|Step 1: Entry requirements||Step 2: Find a supervisor||Step 3: Research proposal||Step 4: Scholarships||Step 5: Submit||Step 6: Review Offer and Accept|
Before submitting your application, please refer to our Important Dates for application opening and closing dates.
- Go to the online application form to register as an applicant.
- International applicants who intend to apply for a student visa, should register as 'Temporary Entry Permit' under the Nationality field on the registration page.
- Domestic applicants (Australian, New Zealand or Permanent Residents) who are wishing to apply for the 2 year Master of Research program, will need to select the Bachelor of Philosophy (BPhil) program.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents (see the next section for the supporting application documents you will require). Note you will only be able to submit the application if all mandatory fields and the required supporting documentation has been attached.
- Click Submit
Please refer to the Application User Guide for instructions about registering and submitting an application for candidature and scholarship.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer less than 6 months old should refer to the Scholarship Only Application User Guide.
Supporting Documentation Required
For all previous academic qualifications the following documents must be provided:
- Official academic transcripts for all prior studies (e.g. Bachelors, Masters, etc) and evidence of current program enrolment (if applicable). If you are currently enroled in a program in another university, we can accept unofficial transcripts of the current program that have the university stamp/seal
- Official university grading scale (marking system) for your current and/or prior qualification(s). This is usually accompanying your academic transcript and is sometimes located on the back of your transcript, and includes the range of grades awarded by the institution
- Testamur or Official university awarded degree/statement of completion for all prior studies (if completed)
- If you completed a thesis (or major research project) as part of your degree:
- The abstract of the thesis
- The percentage (%) of your degree that the thesis was worth
- The grade awarded for the thesis component
- The duration in months of the thesis component of your degree
Required Identity Documents
- Passport copy (or Birth Certificate if no passport available)
- Current Australian visa (for Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa holders)
- English proficiency test result score card or evidence showing you have met the HDR Language Requirements (see Step 1)
- Detailed CV (including all research output e.g. publications, journal papers etc)
Required Additional Documents
- Research proposal (see Step 3)
- Supporting documentation for any claimed University prizes awarded
- Supporting documentation for any claimed Scholarships awarded
- Supporting documentation for any claimed Publications (published and accepted for publication), Conference presentations, books, book chapters or articles
- Statement of exclusion from university course if applicable
- Proof of enrolment at the partner university, including the expected thesis submission date (if applying for a Cotutelle or Joint PhD)
- If transferring from another Australian institution, you must provide details of:
- Enrolment periods in that institution
- Study mode
- Scholarships received
- Total EFTSL consumed
If any of these documents are not in English you must provide certified English translations.
- An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to the email that you registered with. This acknowledgement will contain your Login ID.
- If you are a previous Macquarie University student, the Login ID will be a new ID in the short term, which will be replaced with your previous Student ID when a data matching process is completed.
Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed for completeness by the University HDR Office. It will then be sent to the relevant faculty for further administrative assessment. You will be notified of the outcome of your application at the conclusion of the assessment, via email.
Information relating to the impact of COVID-19
visit COVID-19 FAQs for HDR
Content owner: HDR Research Training and Partnerships Last updated: 14 May 2020 8:31pm