5. Submit your application
|Step 1: Entry requirements||Step 2: Find a supervisor||Step 3: Research proposal||Step 4: Scholarships||Step 5: Submit||Step 6: Review Offer and Accept|
Before submitting your application, please refer to our Important Dates for application opening and closing dates. Applications received after the relevant closing date will be considered in the next round of applications.
- Go to the online application form to register as an applicant.*
- Fill out the application form and upload the requisite documents; note you will only be able to submit the application if all mandatory fields and the required supporting documentation has been attached. If you don’t have it organised, save the application and come back to it later. If you are unable to upload your documents to the required section please attempt to upload them to ‘Z29 Additional Documents supporting you Application (if applicable)’.
- Click Submit; an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to your email.
- Once submitted, track the progress of your application by logging into the application portal.
Please refer to the user guide for instructions about registering and submitting an application.
* Please note, if you commenced an application prior to 27 February, please log into the previous portal to complete your application.
Supporting documentation required
For all previous academic qualifications the following documents must be provided:
- Academic Transcript
- Academic transcript key (include range of grades awarded)
- Testamur (year completed)
- If there was a thesis as part of your Masters:
- The abstract
- The % of your degree that the thesis was worth
- The grade awarded
- The duration in months of the thesis component of your degree
- Passport copy (or Birth Certificate if no passport available)
- Current Australian visa (for Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa holders)
- English proficiency test result score card (if required )
- Research proposal (see Step 3)
- Curriculum Vitae
- University prizes awarded
- Scholarships awarded
- Publications (published and accepted for publication)
- Statement of exclusion from university course if applicable
- If transferring from another Australian institution, applicant must provide details of:
- Enrolment periods
- Study mode
- Scholarships received
- Total EFTSL consumed
If any of these documents are not in English you must provide certified English translations.
Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed for completeness by the University HDR Office. It will then be sent to the relevant faculty for further administrative assessment.