The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences has number of research opportunities available to undergraduate students who are interested in gaining experience working a research environment.
Bachelor of Clinical Science
The Bachelor of Clinical Science is a fast-track two-year bachelor degree for high-achieving students, designed to help them gain the professional skills needed for a future career in the medical, allied health or medical research professions.
This degree is a pathway to graduate-entry medical or other health profession programs such as Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Physiotherapy, Master of Research or other medical research programs. High achieving students will have the opportunity to enrol in research units that will provide valuable experience working in a laboratory or research environment.
Vacation scholarship program
2019 research scholarship program
The FMHS Research Scholarship Program offers undergraduate students enrolled at any Australian University the opportunity to undertake a 3-week project within our state-of-the-art research facilities under the supervision of world-class researchers. This program offers students an excellent insight into what studying a Masters of Research degree is like. As part of this program, successful students will receive a $750 tax-free scholarship.
In 2019 there will be two scholarship application rounds:
- Round 1 applications closed in June 2019.
- Round 2 applications are due by 5pm Thursday 31 October 2019 with scholarships undertaken over the summer vacation period.
|NOTE: Applications for Round 1 are closed. Round 2 is now open.|
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in their second, third or final year of a Science/Medical Science related degree at an Australian University
- Students enrolled in a non-science/medical science undergraduate or a postgraduate degree may apply at the discretion of the vacation research program coordinator.
How to apply
- Download the list of projects currently on offer.
- Contact a potential supervisor to discuss their research and determine if you would like to apply to do a project with them.
- Apply for a scholarship by completing the scholarship application form in consultation with your nominated supervisor.
- Submit your application to email@example.com by the relevant application closing date.
All students should familiarise themselves with terms and conditions for the vacation scholarship program.
All enquiries regarding the vacation research program should be addressed to Dr Cara Hildreth or Dr Angela Laird via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Faculty has a number of research scholarships available. Scholarships for PhD and Masters of Research projects are listed on the Higher Degree Research Office webpage. To find available scholarship opportunities, please see the links below:
Content owner: Medicine and Health Sciences Last updated: 11 Oct 2019 4:15pm