Scholarships for Higher Degree Research (HDR) at Macquarie University are available for specific projects or in the general scholarship main rounds. Important Note: legitimate available research student scholarships available for applicants to apply for are limited to those listed on our official Macquarie University research scholarships web pages.These include:
- Government funded main round scholarships such as the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) for domestic candidates and the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) for international candidates.
- Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarships (MQRES) and International Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarships (iMQRES).
- Co-funded MQRES scholarships which may be available to cotutelle and joint PhD candidates.
Applicants should be eligible for one of the HDR degrees listed under the heading 'Eligible Program' for each opportunity. Eligible programs include:
- MRES2: The Research Training Pathway MRes (Year 2) program followed by a possible Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship for PhD (a MRes/PhD 'bundle offer').
- PHD: Direct entry to a 3 year Doctor of Philosophy program
- MPHIL: Direct entry to a 2 year Master of Philosophy program
Prospective candidates are also encouraged to explore external funding for their research. Prominent opportunities can be found under the HDR scholarships externally funded webpage.
Information about HDR scholarship funding for Indigenous Australians can be found under our HDR Scholarships for Indigenous Australians webpage.
HDR main round scholarships
Scholarships listed here are available for domestic and international applicants...
HDR Scholarships for domestic and international
Project-specific scholarships for both international and domestic applicants...
HDR Scholarships for domestic candidates
Project-specific scholarships for domestic applicants only...
HDR Scholarships for international candidates
Scholarships for international applicants including co-funding opportunities...