This Week is published by the Communications team as a trusted weekly source of information for Macquarie staff.
Feature stories should be relevant, inspirational and/or interesting to an all-staff audience.
Priority will be given to content that demonstrates our shared ambition as a university of service and engagement, particularly stories that evidence our:
- ‘Students first’ mentality and focus on employability
- Deep industry connections
- Research renown and focus on multidisciplinary research
- Collaborative and collegial culture
Regular features include:
- Awards and recognition – monthly highlights of staff and institutional achievements
- Snapped on (and off) campus – monthly photo highlights
- 10 questions with – weekly staff profile
- Spotlight on – team profiles
Templates are available for standard notices such as survey invitations or advertising of clinics, services or upcoming events.
Events listings require a link to event information/registration and a suitable image.
To request publishing of an item
To discuss a potential feature story or book in a notice or event listing, please email your relevant Group Marketing squad at least two weeks before your intended publishing date:
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)||email@example.com|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)||email@example.com|
|Faculty of Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences / MQ Healthemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Science and Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Macquarie Business Schoolemail@example.com|
|Office of the Vice-Chancellor / General Counselfirstname.lastname@example.org (Communications Director)|
|People and Services (including Human Resources and IT)||email@example.com|
|Finance and Resources (including Property)||firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Internal Communications)|
The This Week newsletter is emailed to all Macquarie staff every Tuesday morning.
- Publishing requests should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the intended publication date.
- Final approved copy is required by COB Tuesday for publishing in the following Tuesday’s edition.
Publishing of late requests or copy supplied after the material deadline cannot be guaranteed.
Please ensure supplied images are of a quality resolution and size. Refer to This Week image dimensions.
If not suitable for publishing in This Week, your Group Marketing squad Communication Partner may discuss alternative channels for your content, including social media, faculty newsletters, The Lighthouse, Teche, Macquarie Matters or Research Spotlight.