Office 365 email and calendaring will launch for all staff on Monday 14 December and we are working hard to ensure your migration is as seamless as possible.
Prepare this week by:
- Registering for training. 2016 training dates will be provided soon.
- Checking out the latest user guides and the official Microsoft Office Training Centre.
- Finding out who is your Office 365 Ambassador. They can assist with your non-technical queries this week.
- Familiarising yourself with the ‘Welcome to Office 365’ quick reference guide which will be available this week from your Office 365 Ambassador. It contains important information on what you need to do on day one, and where to find help. Download a copy now.
- Registering for SMS updates (click on the ‘subscribe to updates’ button at the top of the page and select the phone icon – we will inform you should an issue arise). Note, this will subscribe you to all IT systems and services updates.
Email and calendar downtime from 5pm Friday 11 December
- The migration will take place between 5pm Friday 11 December and 8am Monday 14 December. During this time you will not have access to your email or calendar (unless you have already migrated to Office 365).
- As access will be unavailable during this time, check the Office 365 page itservices.mq.edu.au/office365 for all related updates. A link to this page will also be available from the staff homepage.
- Log in and update your email signature (instructions can be found in your quick reference guide).
- Your Gmail calendar will not be migrated and all appointments will need to be re-created in Office 365 (instructions can be found in your quick reference guide).
- For queries or questions visit the Office 365 drop-in-centre: Open 9am to 5pm, Monday 14 to Friday 18 December, Building W6B, Room 207, Building E4B, Room 206 (Monday only) and Building E4B, Room 306 Tuesday to Friday.
- Need assistance: Contact your local faculty or office IT team, or the IT HelpDesk on 02 9850 HELP (4357), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Office 365 support page for news, FAQs and user guides.
Thank you for your patience, feedback and support throughout this project; we’re nearly there. If you have a question or want to provide feedback: email@example.com.