The installation of a boom gate on Gymnasium Road, past the Lighthouse Theatre driveway, will commence on Monday 19 October to establish a ‘shared zone’ for pedestrians and restrict vehicles into the campus core area, to create a safer, more pedestrian friendly and pleasant environment in the centre of campus.
Access to the ‘shared zone’ will be restricted to:
- emergency vehicles
- vehicles displaying disability permits (issued by the University or the Roads and Maritime Service)
- service vehicles with University issued permits
- utility authority vehicles
- waste collection vehicles
- delivery vehicles (food and beverage, courier services etc).
The boom gate will operate for approved users via their Campus Card or via call button (audio-video link) to the Security Office. The ‘shared zone’ will be signposted and line marked accordingly with a posted speed limit of 10km/hr. There will be no access to the ‘shared zones’ for the purposes of drop-off and pick up.
For more information contact Robert Alcock (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call ext. 1362.