Access to Macquarie Drive, Central Avenue and Eastern Road will be restricted from Monday 17 August following the recent installation of boom gates. These roads will become ‘shared zones,’ and access will be restricted to:
- emergency vehicles
- vehicles displaying Disability Permits (issued by the University or the Roads and Maritime Service)
- service vehicles with University-issued permits
- utility authority vehicles
- waste collection vehicles, and
- delivery vehicles (food and beverage, courier services) only.
The ‘shared zones’ will be signed and line marked accordingly with a posted speed limit of 10km/hr.
Drop-off and pick-up area
Access via the boom gates for drop-off and pick-up will not be permitted. A drop off and taxi zone has been created for this purpose at the rear of the Security Office (C1A) with access from University Avenue opposite the Cochlear Building.
Information for Disability permit holders
Disability permit holders can have their campus card programmed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with their staff/student number and the CDX number (on the back of their campus card).
Information for service and delivery vehicles
Service and delivery vehicles may use the call button (audio-video link) to the Security Office.
For more information or questions contact the Security office on 9850 7112.