The Executive Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Professor Patrick McNeil has announced that after an internal expression of interest and formal interview process, the following appointments to leadership roles in the new faculty have been made:
- Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching – Professor Kirsty Forrest
- Associate Dean, Research and Higher Degree Research – Professor Roger Chung
- Associate Dean, Clinical – Professor John Cartmill
- Associate Dean, International and Engagement – Professor John Boyages
- Head of Department, Biomedical Sciences – Professor Helen Rizos
- Head of Department, Clinical Medicine – Professor Rick Kefford
Professor McNeil expressed his warmest congratulations to these colleagues and thanked them deeply for their preparedness to join him in leading the new Faculty to an innovative and ambitious future.
“The Associate Dean positions of Learning and Teaching, Research, and Clinical have been carefully crafted to reflect the three key academic activities of the Faculty and the mission of the academic health enterprise to heal, learn and discover,” Professor McNeil said. “The Associate Dean, International and Engagement is an important role of relationship development that reflects the Faculty’s priority in engagement and partnership.”
The new Heads of Department will join Professor Cath Dean, who was reappointed in March as Head of Department, Health Professions, and a yet to be appointed Head of Department, Health Systems and Populations.