The NSW Government has announced Sunday 26 May 2019 as the date that Macquarie University, Macquarie Park and North Ryde train stations will reopen as Sydney Metro stations.
Macquarie staff and students will enjoy:
- A higher frequency of trains, up to one train every four minutes during peak hours.
- No timetables, just turn up and go.
- 13 new stations from Tallawong to Chatswood, giving more staff and students the opportunity to take a train to campus.
- Faster offloading and onboarding of passengers.
- A safer experience for passengers with on-platform safety screens keeping people and objects like prams away from the tracks.
- A new North West Night Bus service for staff who need to travel late at night.
Read the NSW Government media release.
For all the information you need about planning your trip, including fares, routes and accessibility information, visit the Sydney Metro website.