Direct Scholarship Application Instructions
You can be considered for all of the following undergraduate scholarships just by completing one application form:
1. Alumni First in Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years
2. Alumni Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years
3. Alumni Ani Apcarian Scholarships, $2,500 for 1 year - only open to new students going into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
4. Dunmore Lang College Regional and Rural & Indigenous Incentive Scholarships, fully funded standard room at DLC for up to 4 years1
5. Robert Menzies College Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $3,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for 1 year - continuing students may also apply1 2
6. MQ Iglu Scholarship, 50% of the advertised MQU accommodation rate at Iglu Chatswood in shared accommodation1 2
1 Applicants should also lodge an application to live in the college or accommodation of their choice, This information is on their respective websites.
2 RMC and MQ Iglu Scholarships are available to current students and new students.
If you are interested in Equity Scholarships please apply directly via UAC.
For other Macquarie University Scholarships please visit our scholarships tool.
2020 APPLICATIONS CLOSED 5 January 2020
Before you complete the Macquarie University Undergraduate Direct Scholarship application form, you will need to have the following information ready:
- Name of the Centrelink payment you receive, if applicable
- Macquarie ID number, if known
- UAC Application Number, if applicable
- ATAR, if available
- Name of the course you have applied for or are enrolled in for 2019
You will also need to have the following ready to upload when prompted:
1. Personal statement
Your personal statement should outline:
a) Your involvement in a leadership or community service project(s) / activity(ies).
- Outline the tasks that you undertook;
- Describe the outcome of your involvement for you as an individual, others and/or the community;
- How much time did you commit to this activity?
b) Other topics to consider including in your statement:
- What is your most significant achievement? Describe the situation and why the achievement was significant.
- What do you consider your personal strengths and what areas do you think you can improve on?
- What do you hope to be doing once you complete a Macquarie University degree?
- Discuss your capacity to overcome adversity, for example, financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibility, non-English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area.
Your resume may include
- HSC or other study results
- Positions of leadership
- Work experience
- Extra curriculum activities
3. Two references
Your references can be from your school if available and/or from someone who can talk about your suitability for a Macquarie University scholarship.
4. Other documentation (not compulsory)
Other documents may be uploaded to demonstrate your financial and/or other disadvantage, (eg. Centrelink statements, doctor's certificate, counsellor’s report etc.)
SAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT AND UPLOAD THEM WHEN PROMPTED TO DO SO.
- You cannot save and come back to your application later so make sure you have everything ready before you start.
- Check over your application carefully before you submit it.
- If you later realise you need to change or add something please contact our office as soon as possible – firstname.lastname@example.org
After you apply
After the closing date your application will go to the Scholarship Selection Committee for consideration. We will notify you of the outcome of your application by email at the end of February 2020.
Need more information?
Coursework Scholarships and Prizes Unit
Ph: 02 9850 7337 or 02 9850 6401