Direct Scholarship Application Instructions
You can be considered for all of the following undergraduate scholarships just by completing one application form:
- Merit Scholarship, $12,000 per year for up to 5 years
- PACE Scholarship, $1,000 per year for up to 3 years
- Alumni First in Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years
- Alumni Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years
- Alumni Ani Apcarian Scholarships, $2,500 for 1 year - only open to new students going into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Dunmore Lang College Regional and Rural & Indigenous Incentive Scholarships, fully funded standard room at DLC for up to 4 years**
- Robert Menzies College Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $3,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for 1 year - continuing students may also apply**
- Robert Menzies College Indigenous Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $8,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for 4 years - continuing students may also apply**
If you are interested in Equity Scholarships please apply directly via UAC.
For other Macquarie University Scholarships please visit our scholarships tool.
APPLICATIONS CLOSED 4 January 2019
Before you complete the Macquarie University Undergraduate Direct Scholarship application form, you will need to have the following information ready:
- Name of the Centrelink payment you receive, if applicable
- Macquarie ID number, if known
- UAC Application Number, if applicable
- ATAR, if available
- Name of the course you have applied for or are enrolled in for 2019
You will also need to have the following ready to upload when prompted:
1. Personal statement
Your personal statement should outline:
a) Your involvement in a leadership or community service project(s) / activity(ies).
- Outline the tasks that you undertook;
- Describe the outcome of your involvement for you as an individual, others and/or the community;
- How much time did you commit to this activity?
b) Other topics to consider including in your statement:
- What is your most significant achievement? Describe the situation and why the achievement was significant.
- What do you consider your personal strengths and what areas do you think you can improve on?
- What do you hope to be doing once you complete a Macquarie University degree?
- Discuss your capacity to overcome adversity, for example, financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibility, non-English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area.
Your resume may include
- HSC or other study results
- Positions of leadership
- Work experience
- Extra curriculum activities
Your references can be from your school if available and/or from someone who can talk about your suitability for a Macquarie University scholarship.
4.Other documentation (not compulsory)
Other documents may be uploaded to demonstrate your financial and/or other disadvantage, (eg. Centrelink statements, doctor's certificate, counsellor’s report etc.)
SAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT AND UPLOAD THEM WHEN PROMPTED TO DO SO.
- You cannot save and come back to your application later so make sure you have everything ready before you start.
- Check over your application carefully before you submit it.
- If you later realise you need to change or add something please contact our office as soon as possible – firstname.lastname@example.org
After you apply
After the closing date your application will go to the Scholarship Selection Committee for consideration. We will notify you of the outcome by email by mid-February.
Need more information?
Coursework Scholarships and Prizes Unit
Ph: 9850 7337 or 9850 6401