Co-operative Education Program (Co-op) – Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice
This program recognises higher level mathematics, students with outstanding HSC results who show a genuine interest in the Actuarial profession and display ability in communication, service, leadership, teamwork, problem solving and innovation skills.
Eligibility: Students who apply for the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice and meet the selection criteria listed below.
Value: $18,200 per year of the duration of the 4-year course.
- completing or have completed HSC (or equivalent)
- studying or have studied HSC Mathematics Extension 2 (or equivalent)
- show a genuine interest and motivation to enter the actuarial profession
- active in school and/or community activities
- demonstrate exceptional communication, teamwork, problem solving, innovation, service and leadership skills
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or humanitarian visa holder
- have achieved a minimum ATAR of 98.5 (or equivalent admissions rank). Students expecting an ATAR of 97 or above are strongly encouraged to apply. No bonus points (except Educational Access Scheme) will be considered for this requirement.
How to apply:
If you are completing your HSC (or equivalent) in 2017, you will be required to answer a set of application questions and submit a one-page résumé. You will also be asked to nominate a referee from your current school (e.g., career advisor, head teacher, principal or similar) who can provide an academic reference and your trial results showing all your subject rankings (e.g., Maths Extension 2, 2nd out of 41 students).
If you have already completed your HSC (or equivalent) you will be required to answer a set of application questions and submit the following:
- a one-page résumé
- your ATAR (or equivalent admissions rank) transcript
- an academic reference
You must also apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) and select the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice (300230) as one of your preferences to gain admission to this program with scholarship.
Applications closed at 5.00 pm on 29 September 2017.
If your application is short-listed, you will be contacted in the first week of November 2017 to schedule an interview at Macquarie University on one of the following three days - 27, 28 or 29 November 2017. If you are successful at the interview, you will receive a conditional offer for the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice Co-op program, pending all final ATAR (or equivalent admissions rank) results. Find out more.