Barton Family Scholarship
The Barton Family Scholarship is valued at $4,000.
The scholarship is tenable for one year only. The scholarship cannot be deferred.
How to apply
To apply please complete the online Barton Family Scholarship application form.
Applications are now open closing on 8 March. To apply please complete the online application form
The purpose of this scholarship is to support students who are undertaking study at Macquarie University. This scholarship is for continuing students enrolled in one of the degrees in the Faculty of Science and Engineering (one scholarship) and the Macquarie Business School (one scholarship).
The successful applicant will:
- be a domestic student who will be starting their second year, having completed between 50 and 100 credit points, in a degree in the Faculty of Science and Engineering or the Macquarie Business School in the year which the scholarship will be awarded;
- demonstrate sufficient academic merit across all units;
- be able to demonstrate financial need. If the student is in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth payment, a current Centrelink summary must be presented to demonstrate financial need;
- be intending to study full time. A full time waiver can be granted in instances where the student can demonstrate a need to study part time (carer responsibilities, long term medical condition, etc);
- have demonstrated commitment to their community and/or social justice via a personal statement, letters or reference and/or an interview. An interview may be required with the donor and agreed Macquarie University representative(s).
The scholarship will not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337 / (02) 9850 6401