Alumni First in Family Scholarship
The Alumni First in Family Scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year.
The scholarship is renewable for up to four years, subject to ongoing eligibility requirements. The scholarship cannot be deferred.
How to Apply
To apply complete the Macquarie University Undergraduate Direct Scholarship Application. Important – Read the full instructions before completing this application form.
2020 applications opened on Friday 16th August 2019 and closed on Sunday 5th January 2020.
The Macquarie University First in Family Scholarship is available to support students who are the first of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) to attend University. It is awarded to a new undergraduate student in any discipline.
The successful applicants for this scholarship will be able to demonstrate:
- Academic merit
- That they are a Domestic student
- That they are a current school leaver. Students who have taken a gap year are also eligible
- Commitment to community service and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership qualities or leadership potential
- Commitment to study
- Financial and other disadvantages are also considered
- That they are the first of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) to receive a qualification from a university in Australia or overseas
The scholarship will not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit when judged against the selection criteria.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337 / (02) 9850 6401