Alumni First in Family Scholarship
Eligibility: New undergraduate student in any discipline who is the first one of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) to attended University.
Value: Valued at $5000 per year, and renewable for up to four (4) years subject to meeting ongoing eligibility requirements.
Application: Open now until 4 January 2019. To apply complete the Macquarie University Undergraduate Direct Scholarship Application 2019. Important – Read the full instructions before completing this application form.
The Macquarie University First in Family Scholarship was established to support students who are the first of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) to attend University. It is awarded to a new undergraduate student in any discipline.
The successful applicants for this scholarship will be able to demonstrate:
- Academic merit
- That they are a Domestic student
- That they are a current school leaver. Students who have taken a 'Gap' Year are also eligible to lodge an application
- Commitment to community service and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership qualities or leadership potential
- Commitment to study
- Financial and other disadvantages are also considered
- That they are the first of their immediate family (parent, sibling or grandparent) to receive a qualification from a university in Australia or overseas
The scholarship will not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit when judged against the selection criteria.
The scholarship may not be deferred.The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
Email email@example.com or phone (02) 9850 7337