Alumni Education Costs Scholarship
Eligibility: New undergraduate student in any discipline who is able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Value: $5267 per year (2017 value), renewable for up to four (4) years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility requirements. Value indexed each year.
Application: Applications for 2018 are open now. Apply by 5 January 2018 at www.uac.edu.au/equity
The Macquarie University Alumni Education Costs Scholarship was established to assist students who are able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support).
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be:
- a current school leaver or 'Gap' year students who have not undertaken any university study during the year;
- enrolling at Macquarie University in a Bachelor degree for the first time;
- a domestic student;
- able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support).
Consideration will also be given to applicants who, in addition, meet any of the following criteria:
- Indigenous background
- carer responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
The scholarship may not be deferred. The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337