Alumni Accommodation Scholarship
Eligibility: New undergraduate student in any discipline who is relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie University and is able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Value: $10534 per year (2017 value), renewable for up to four (4) years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility requirements.
Application: Applications are open now for 2018. Apply by 5 January 2018 through UAC at www.uac.edu.au/equity
The Macquarie University Alumni Accommodation Scholarship was established to assist students who are able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support) and that they are relocating from a rural area to study at Macquarie University.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be:
- able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support);
- relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie University;
- a current school leaver or 'Gap' year student who has not undertaken any University study during the year.
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition, meet any of the following criteria:
- Indigenous background
- Carer responsibilities
- Non English speaking background
- Long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
The scholarship may not be deferred. The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337