Short Term Study Abroad - Summer Courses in Greece (July)
These courses involve a 4 week study program conducted by CYA (College Year Abroad). They are delivered by expert scholars in their field who place an emphasis on learning beyond the classroom, and offer a hands-on learning experience in the rich environment of Greece. The exchange will allow students to focus on studying different aspects of Ancient and Modern Greek culture and society. The program will draw upon the expertise of international scholars and will be supplemented by cultural visits and field trips. This exchange offers a unique opportunity to gain an insight into contemporary Greece and its history and culture.
List of Units on Offer:
* Greek Architecture: Modernity and Tradition (MS358)
* Political Economy in Historical Context: From Ancient Greece to Modern Greek Crises (Athens, Delphi, Delos) (MS340)
* The Anthropology of Food in Greece: the Mediterranean Diet and More (Athens, Koroni) (MS325)
* When Egypt meets the Aegean: Interconnections in the Bronze Age Eastern Mediterranean (Thea, (Santorini), Crete, Athens) (MS347)
* Illegal Antiquities (MS355)
Scholarships/financial support: Students will receive a $1,500 travel grant and a $3,500 scholarship from the Faculty of Arts. Therefore, students will receive a total combined amount of $5,000 in funding support for this program, including tuition fees.
Country: Greece, Europe
Program Dates: 23 June - 22 July 2018
Program credit: Students will enrol in the unit INTS103 or receive credit in their discipline.
Type of program: Short term
Application Deadline: 22 March 2018
Length of Program: 1 month
For more information on the program, please visit the Faculty of Arts – Summer Courses in Greece flyer.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled into an undergraduate degree with the Faculty of Arts at Macquarie University
- Students must have minimum GPA 2.0 of 4.0 or 4.0 of 7.0 at time of assessment
How to Apply
1. Apply online through the Macquarie Abroad portal. Students need to select “Short Term Exchange Program” and then “Short Term Study Abroad”, “Greece”, “Summer Courses in Greece”.
2. Write a 200 word statement addressing how this study tour will enhance your degree program and/or support your future career aspirations. Below your statement, please list, in order of preference, the CYA unit in which you want to enroll.Please send the statement to email@example.com with the following subject line "Summer courses in Greece".
*Disclaimer: Macquarie University does not ensure the quality or reputation of activities run externally, should students choose to undertake these activities they take on the full risk and responsibility. All students need to undertake their own risk assessment before departure, considering wisely their personal health and safety risks. Ultimately participation in these activities is at the students’ risk.
No logo uploaded
It is the second biggest university of Greece in number of students (following the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
Area of study
Has a GPA requirement
Macquarie, Undergraduate, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Short Term Exchange, Greece, Business,
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
No closing dates URL entered
Level of study