Semester Exchange - Rikkyo University
Founded in 1874, Rikkyo University is one of the oldest private universities in Japan and is specialised in liberal arts education.
Type of Program
Level of Study
Length of Program
First Semester: September - December
Language of Instruction
GPA Requirement (Out of 4.0)
Most of the regular academic courses are offered in Japanese, except for Japanese Studies in
Those who wish to take Language Education Courses (German, French, Spanish, Chinese
For details, please refer to the following factsheet and visit course information website
Exchange Student Website
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (varies each program),
- Completion of at least 12cp at the time of application. 18cp to go abroad,
- Enough credit points remaining to complete the program,
- Comply with the eligibility criteria outlined in the Student Exchange Policy.
- Incoming exchange students must meet the minimum required level of the Japanese language proficiency if they wish to be enrolled in academic courses offered in Japanese. During the orientation, incoming exchange students must take the Japanese Language Placement Test, given by Rikkyo University’s Center for Japanese Language Education, in order to register for the Japanese language program and/or any academic courses offered in Japanese.
- In case of courses offered at CIC, there is no specific language requirement for taking academic courses. The student who has high motivation may be allowed to take academic courses in Japanese with the approval by their academic advisor. However, it is their responsibility to submit assignments or reports and taking examinations in Japanese.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an online Application form. You'll need to include:
Your personal details, One University preference, It should take around 2 - 3 minutes to complete an application.
Application Fee and Payment Options: For all exchange programs (semester and short term), there is a compulsory application fee. For more information and payment options please refer to the Payment Website.
Insurance: It is a requirement of the exchange program that all students must purchase their own travel insurance to cover them for the duration of their journey beyond their overseas program. Students will be covered throughout the duration of their exchange program dates. More information will be given to students upon acceptance.
Program Costs: You remain enrolled at Macquarie University and continue to pay your tuition fees to Macquarie University. As an exchange student you pay no tuition fees to host university. However, you must also always be prepared for unexpected expenses, and should consider how you will be dealing with the expenses of your exchange before you leave your home country. Prior to departure, you will need to save sufficient funds to cover all of your expenses for the duration of your exchange. Some costs to consider include: airfares, students visa (if required), travel health insurance, accommodation, food, additional travel, entertainment, textbooks, incidental expense. If you wish to work while you are away, it is important to note that work rights for international students vary from country to country. For further information about your visa restrictions please contact the consulate or embassy of your host country.
*Disclaimer: Macquarie University does not ensure the quality or reputation of activities run externally, should students choose to undertake these activities they take on the full risk and responsibility. All students need to undertake their own risk assessment before departure, considering wisely their personal health and safety risks. Ultimately participation in these activities is at the students’ risk.
No logo uploaded
Study a Semester Exchange program in Rikkyo University for 5 months, Rikkyo University is located in Tokyo
Area of study
Society, history and languages
Has a GPA requirement
Macquarie, Undergraduate, Rikkyo University, Semester Exchange, Japan,
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
No closing dates URL entered
Level of study