Frequently asked questions about WOMBAT
Is the licence agreement for a single user, a group of researchers, or an institution?
The software is licensed to an individual researcher for their research project/s. The software can be used by researchers associated with the licensee’s project to collect data, whether at a single or multiple sites. Individual researcher names are not required for the licence agreement. However, if these researchers subsequently wish to conduct a new or extended research project, they need to seek their own licence. The initial licensee can use the WOMBAT software for other projects for the duration of the three-year licence.
Is the product licensed for only one tablet and server or can it be installed on multiple tablets and a back-up server?
You can install WOMBAT on as many tablets as required and it can be installed on a back-up server.
What device does WOMBAT require to run?
WOMBAT was recently upgraded and has been tested thoroughly up to Android Marshmallow version 6.0.1. You can purchase any Android device running Android Lollipop or KitKat (4.4.2), although we have found that 7/8-inch devices are the most comfortable for observers. Specific devices we have tested recently are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Model SM-T113) (7”) – Android KitKat (4.4.4)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab4 (Model SM-T330) (8”) – Android KitKat (4.4.2)
- Lenovo TAB2 (Model A7-10F) (7”) – Android Lollipop (5.0)
- Nexus 7 (Model ME370T) (7”) – Android Lollipop (5.1.1)
- Samsung Tab4 (SM-T530) (10”) – Android Lollipop (5.0.2)
- Samsung TabA (Model SM-T350) (8”) – Android Lollipop (5.0.2)
- Samsung Tab S2 (Model SM-T710) (8”) – Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)
Does WOMBAT require a 3G tablet?
No, a WiFi, 16GB model is sufficient to run WOMBAT.
Does WOMBAT come with a manual?
The WOMBAT licence is accompanied by a detailed manual outlining how to set up and use the application. The licence comes bundled with hosting services for the duration of the licence issued.
Content owner: Australian Institute of Health Innovation Last updated: 30 Oct 2019 8:38am