View of the courtyard of the Hindu temple dedicated to Narasimha, and
located near the village of Sibi (on the road to Tumkur). Construction
of the temple was initiated by the brothers, Nalappa Fauzdar Karnik,
Lakshminarasimhaiya and Puttanaiya in 1795 and completed in 1798.
Inside the gateway entrance is a ceiling frieze depicting past rulers of
Mysore - as well as specific scenes showing Tipu leading his troops and
Photograph © Robin Walsh 1999