About LEMA | Find | Projects | Documents | Research | Gallery

Newspaper Accounts

Description of the departure of the Macquaries from Sydney:

Sydney Gazette
15 February 1822

Sydney Gazette
22 February 1822


Tuesday 1. Jany. 1822 !
Mrs. M. Lachn. & myself accompanied by Sir Thos. Brisbane, paid a visit this morning, before Breakfast, to Elizabeth Town, the Native village in Elizabeth Bay. —

Sir Thomas Brisbane and myself attended the Examination of the Male Orphan Institution this Day at St. Philip's Church, where a Sermon was Preached on the occasion. — The Children appear to have made great progress in Docr. Bell's System. —

This morning early the Ship Lusitania sailed for the Derwent, having my A.D.C. Lieut. Macquarie on board as a Passenger. —

We entertained Lt. Govr. Erskine and a Select Party of Friends, this day at Dinner, to commemorate 12th. Anniversary of my administration of the Government of this Colony.

The Ship Claudine arrived this day from England which she left on the 1st. of Septr. and brings accounts of the Queen's Death on the 7th. of August last. — The Claudine touched at the Derwent, where She landed her Convicts (150 male), and sailed from thence again for this Port on the 26th. of last month – being only 5 days on the Passage ! —

Thursday 3. Jany. 1822 !
I set out in my own Carriage at 6,O'Clock this morning for Windsor from Sydney. — I stopped for 2½ Hours at Parramatta, where I Breakfasted with Sir Thomas Brisbane, who afterwards accompanied me to visit Windsor. — He arrived there at 1.P.M. and in the course of the afternoon we visited the new church – and all the Public Buildings in Windsor. — We dined at ½ past 5,O'Clock; the Revd. Mr. Cross & Mr. Fitzgerald being the only Persons who dined with us. —

The Magistrates called on us to pay their respects soon after our arrival at Windsor; – and I appointed 10,O'Clock tomorrow for receiving the Address of the Inhabitants of the Districts of the Hawkesbury. — Sir Thos. Brisbane was much struck with the beauty of Windsor and the rich surrounding Country. —

Friday 4. Jany. 1822 !!!
We got up at 5,O'Clock this morning, and Sir Thomas Brisbane and myself, accompanied by Mr. Fitzgerald, crossed the River and rode on Horseback to Wilberforce – and for about two miles farther down the River through a beautiful rich Tract of Country, containing immense Crops of Maize. — We returned Home to Breakfast at ½ past 8,O'Clock.

At 10. a.m. The Deputation, with the Address from the Inhabitants of the Hawkesbury waited on me, consisting of the Magistrates, Chaplain and 8 other respectable Inhabitants, and the Address was read by their Chairman Wm. Cox Esqr.; to which was added a request that I should sit for my Portrait on my arrival in England, and to be hung up in the New Court House at Windsor — for defraying the expence of which they had entered into a Subscription. — I made a suitable answer, acquiescing in their request for my sitting for my Portrait in London. —

After the Deputation had gone away, Sir Thomas & myself visited the School, and at ½ past 11,O'Clock, we left Windsor and set out for Parramatta — where we arrived at 2. P.M. — I rested the Horses there till ½ past 4. P.M. – then set out for Sydney and arrived at Sydney at 6,O'Clock in good time to Dinner; — Mrs. M. and Mrs. Broughton having just sat down to theirs. —

Wednesday 9. Jany. 1822 !
I set out from Sydney this morning, accompanied by Mrs. M. & Lachlan, on a visit to the Revd. Mr. Reddall & Family - and on an Excursion to the Cow Pastures, and Illawarra – but Mrs. M. & Son not intending to accompany me to the latter Country.

[Start of the Journal describing the Tour to the Cowpastures and Illawarra region].

Journal of Tours to the Cow Pastures and Illawarra in January 1822.

Wednesday 9. Jany. 1822.
I set out from Sydney this morning in the Carriage, accompanied by Mrs. Macquarie and Lachlan, at 7,O'Clock, on a short Excursion to Visit the Revd. Mr. Reddall & Family at Macquarie Field, and the Cow Pastures; having made an appointment with Sir Thomas Brisbane to meet us at the latter Place. — We arrived at Liverpool at ½ past 9, Breakfasted at Dillon's Inn, and staid afterwards at Mr. Moore's till 12,O'Clock. We then pursued our Journey to Macquarie Field – where we arrived at 1 P.M. – and were most kindly & hospitably received by the Host & Hostess.

I found Mr. Meehan here, who had arrived from Bathurst on the day preceding. —

My Servants & Baggage for my Tour to Illawarra had also arrived here last Night. We sat down to Dinner at 5,O'Clock, and went early to Bed. —

Thursday 10. Jany.
We got up early, and Mrs. M. and Lachlan, set out with me in the Carriage a quarter before 7,O'Clock this morning for the Cow Pastures, intending to spend a Couple of days at Cawdor the Government Principal Station there. —

We found the Cow Pasture Road, generally, very rough and bad for Travelling and it took us two Hours and a quarter from Mr. Reddall's to the Ford over the River Nepean at the old Government Hut, which is only a distance of 14 miles.

The Ford itself, and both Banks being very steep, we found much difficulty in passing; but we accomplished it without sustaining any accident. — From the Ford it is near 4 miles to the Government Cottage at Cawdor – where we arrived at a quarter before 10 a.m. the weather being extremely hot at that time. — Mr. David Johnston met us on the road on the Eastern Side of the River Nepean, and Conducted us at Cawdor. Here we found Mr. De Arrietta a Spanish Gentleman who has lately obtained a Grant at the Cow Pastures. — This is the first time of Mrs. Macquarie's visiting Cawdor, which she admires very much.

Nancy Moore followed us in the Curricle from Mr. Reddall's, with Edmund Sorell – whom Lachlan had asked to accompany him to Cawdor. — We had our Breakfast soon after our arrival. —

At 2 P.M. Sir Thomas Brisbane, attended by Major Ovens, Mr. Oxley, Capt. Antill, and Mr. Murdoch joined us at Cawdor. — The Day being excessively hot, we did not dine till 6,O'Clock when we sat down Eight Persons to Dinner. —

The Govt. Cottage at Cawdor has lately been very much improved, and enlarged since I was last here – and is quite sufficient to accommodate us all. — We went early to Bed, intending to ride out very early in the morning.

Friday 11. Jany.
I got up at 5,O'Clock this morning – and soon afterwards Sir Thos. Brisbane, Mr. D. Johnston, & Mr. Murdoch set out from Cawdor to Brownlow-Hill to inspect the Govt. Stock at that Station. — We had a very pleasant Ride along that rich Tract of Pasture Land extending from Cawdor along Mount Hunter Creek to Brownlow Hill, distant 8 miles from the former. — We inspected the Govt. Stock there accordingly – and returned home to Breakfast at ½ past 8,O'Clock. —

After Breakfast we mounted our Horses again and rode to Mr. Mc.Arthur's Farm of Camden – where we inspected all his Improvements and Stock and returned Home again at 2,O'Clock; having been this day 7½ Hours on Horse-back. —

Mrs. M. Lachlan, Teddy, and Nancy Moore, went all in a Cart, on our return Home, to view at a distance Mr. Mc.Arthur's Improvements – and returned Home by 5,O'Clock.

We dined at 6 P.M. and went early to Bed, intending to rise very early tomorrow morning.

Saturday 12. Jany. 1822.
We all got up this morning at Half past 4,O'Clock – and set out from Cawdor at Half past 5,O'Clock; Sir Thomas Brisbane travelling with Mrs. M. me and Lachlan in our Carriage. — We crossed the Nepean at the Ford of Macquarie Grove – a farm belonging to Mr. Hassall, and thence we travelled by the Cow Pasture Road to Mr. Meehan's Farm of Macquarie-Field – where we arrived at 8,O'Clock. — We had Breakfast soon afterwards. — After Breakfast, I accompanied Sir Thomas Brisbane to Liverpool to inspect the Public Buildings there, and remained with him till his departure for Parramatta – when I returned to Macquarie-Field.

The Revd. Mr. Reddall had Mr. Moore, Mr. Throsby, Dr. Hill, and Mr. Meehan to Dine with us, besides his own Family today. —

Sunday 13. Jany. —
Mrs. Macquarie, Lachlan, and myself, accompanied by Mr. Meehan – and John and Nancy Moore – went this morning before Breakfast to see John Moore's Farm in Minto District, adjoining that of Mr. Brooks. — We viewed and examined different parts of it – and Selected the fittest Place for building the House & Offices on which John Moore marked out accordingly. — This Farm is distant about 3 miles from Macquarie-Field – and Eight miles from the Town of Liverpool.

In honor of their young Master, John & Nancy Moore have named their Farm "Lachlan-Valley". We returned to Meehan Castle at 9,O'Clock to Breakfast. —

The Revd. Mr. Reddall went to perform Divine Service at Campbell-Town – but returned Home to Dinner. —

We dined at ½ past 5 – and went early to bed. —

Monday 14. Jany.
Got up at ½ past 5 a.m. At ¼ past 6. Mrs. M. Lachn. Edmund Sorell, & Nancy Moore set out in the Carriage for Sydney – ; whilst I, accompanied by Mr. Meehan, set out at the same time on my intended Tour of Inspection to Illawarra, through the Districts of Airds and Appin; the Revd. Mr. Reddall accompanying us to Campbell-Town. — On our arrival there, we ordered Breakfast at Bradbury's and whilst it was getting ready, I accompanied Mr. Reddall to see his Glebe and the Site he had selected for Building his Parsonage House on. — The Glebe is about 2 miles distant from Town, and very pleasantly situated, commanding a fine extensive [view: word missing] of the rich and beautiful District of Aids. — We were absent about an Hour and a Half – and then returned to Bradbury's where we took a good and hearty Breakfast at Ten O' Clock.

After Breakfast we proceeded to take a survey of the Township and the New Church – and which is a very pretty Building. The Walls are up to their full Height – and fit to receive the Roof, which is preparing and will be put on in the Course of the ensuing Week. We fixed on the Site of the Burying Ground, within a convenient distance of the Church – and which is to consist of 3 acres of Ground. — The principal Inhabitants assembled to meet us, and expressed themselves highly pleased at the arrangements made on this occasion. —

The Revd. Mr. Reddall took his leave of us at ¼ before 12 at Noon – and returned Home, whilst I and Mr. Meehan pursued our Journey for Illawarra. —

Mr. Bradbury is now building a very good two story Brick-House on his own Farm, and on a very pretty Eminence immediately adjoining Campbell-Town, as an Inn for the accommodation of the Public, and having asked me to give his Farm a name, I have called it "Bradbury Park".

Campbell-Town is 13 miles from Liverpool – and 8 miles from Mr. Meehan's Farm of Macquarie-Field –; it is a very beautiful and Centrical Situation, surrounded by a rich, Populous Neighbourhood, and making a good Stage for Persons travelling to the Southern and Western Districts. — The Road through Airds and Appin for the first 20 miles from Campbell-Town, is tolerably good – but from Mr. Broughton's Farm all the rest of the way to the Mountain Pass of Illawarra is most execrably bad for any sort of wheel Carriage. — This very bad Road commences at King's Falls, where we crossed the Head of George's River very near its source, and from thence nothing can be worse – it being almost impassable for a Cart or Gig – and I confess I wondered at my Baggage Dray and Gig getting on at all without breaking down.

After scrambling over about 8 miles of this horrid rough Road we arrived at 4 P.M. at a Stream of Water in a Deep Valley about 9 miles from Mr. Broughton's Farm, which I have named "David's Valley" in honor of Mr. David Johnston who joined us here just as we were about sitting down to Dinner at 6,O'Clock; and in this Valley we Pitched our Camp for the Night. —

Tuesday 15. Jany.
We got up at Day-break and had our Baggage Packed up and arranged, Sending back the Curricle, and Dray with the heavy Baggage, to Mr. O'Brien's Farm in Appin; the Road being too rough and bad to admit of their proceeding farther on the Journey to Illawarra. — We therefore put all the Baggage and Provisions required for our Journey on three Pack Horses. —

Mr. Cornelius O'Brien joined us at this Station just as we were ready to set out. —

At 10 mins. past 6 a.m. we set forward on our Journey; and after passing over some very bad Road, and Crossing the Cataract River near it's source, we arrived at the Summit of the Great Mountain that contains the Pass to the low Country of Illawarra – the Top of this mountain being three miles from our last Station. — On our arrival on the Summit of the Mountain, we were gratified with a very grand magnificent Bird's Eye view of the Ocean, the 5 Islands, and of the greater part of the low Country of Illawarra as far as Red Point. — After feasting our Eyes with this grand Prospect, we commenced descending the mountain at 20 mins. after 8,O'Clock. The Descent was very rugged, rocky, and slippery, and so many obstacles opposed themselves to our progress, that it was with great difficulty that the Pack-Horses could get down this horrid steep descent. — At length we effected it, but it took us an Hour to descend altho' the Descent is only One Mile & a Half long. — The whole face of this mountain is Clothed with the largest and finest Forest Trees I have ever seen in the Colony. — They consist chiefly of the Black-Butted Gum, Stringy Bark, Turpentine, Mountain Ash, Fig, Peppermint, Box-Wood, Sassafrass, and Red Cedar; but the latter is now very scarce, most of it having been already cut down and carried away to Sydney. — There are also vast Quantities of the Cabbage, Palm, and Fern Trees growing in the face of the Mountain, the former being very beautiful and of great Height. —

Finding that this Mountain has never yet received any particular name, I have christened it the "Regent Mountain", as it was first descended by Mr. Throsby in the year 1815, when our present King was Regent of the United Kingdom.

We arrived at a Creek containing a very pretty Stream of Fresh running Water about 1½ miles from the foot of the mountain at a qr. past 9,O'Clock, and here we halted to Breakfast and to refresh our men and Cattle. — I have named this stream of Fresh Water "Throsby's Creek", in honor of Mr. Throsby who first crossed it on his descending the Regent Mountain.

Having Breakfasted we pursued our Journey at 11 a.m. along the Sea Shore towards Mr. Allan's Farm at Red Point, riding chiefly on a Soft Beach for 12 miles – and through very barren unprofitable Land. — We crossed the Entrance of Tom Thumb's Lagoon which was at this time dry – and soon afterwards arrived at Mr. Allan's Lands, meeting there with about 100 Natives, who had assembled at this place to meet and welcome me to Illawarra. They were of various Tribes, and some of them had come all the way from Jervis's Bay – and they all appeared to be very intimate with Mr. O'Brien. — They all knew who I was, and most of them pronounced my name (Govr. Macquarie) very distinctly. — They were very civil, and I regretted exceedingly that I had no Tobacco for them. Having remained with them for about Ten minutes, we resumed our Journey to Mr. Allan's Establishment. It is a pretty enough Farm, and a good deal of it is cultivated, but it is too near the Sea, and falls far short of the fine description I have heard the Proprietor and others give of it. — We ascended a Hill at the Eastern extremity of this Farm, from whence we had a very fine view of the Coast to the Southward as far as Basse's Head, as well as of the grand Sheet of Inland Water or Lake called Allowrie or Illawarra – which is about 20 miles in Circumference, and has a communication with the Sea by a very narrow Channel. —

From Mr. Allan's Farm, we proceeded on to Mr. Jenkins's – and thence through Mr. Brooks's, to Mr. Brown's Establishment situated on the Western Bank of the Lake. — Here we arrived at ½ past 7,O'Clock, and took up our Station for the Night. — Our Baggage however did not come up till 8,O'Clock, altho' it came by a shorter Route than that we took, which was circuitous.

The lands we travelled over from Mr. Allan's to Mr. Brown's were chiefly open Forest Land of good quality, and well wooded and watered. —

We have Travelled this day at least 30 miles from David's Valley to Mr. Brown's Establishment.

We had rather a late Dinner today – not having Dined till ½ past 9,O'Clock, and soon afterwards we went to Bed. —

Wednesday 16. Jany.
We set out from Mr. Brown's at ½ past 8,O'Clock to explore the Country to the Southward and Westward; having first sent off our Servants and Baggage towards the Mountain over which the new Road from Illawarra to Appin has recently been made by Mr. O'Brien.

We proceeded through a very rich Country in a Southerly direction for two miles, till we arrived on the left Bank of the Macquarie-River, a very pretty Stream of Fresh Water about 20 Yards in Breadth, which falls into the Lake – and is full of Fish – with Cedar and other good Timber growing on its Banks. From the Macquarie River we travelled on in a Westerly direction to Col. Johnston's Farm near the foot of the Mountains. This Farm is a very fine one, well watered, and contains some very extensive beautiful Meadows bordering on the Lake and River. We continued our Journey still in a westerly direction to Mount Throsby – which we ascended for the purpose of having a view of those parts of Illawarra which I had not time to visit. On our arrival on the Summit of this Hill. we had a most extensive fine view of all the low Country to the Southward and Eastward of us – including the Sea, the Lake. and the River. — At 12 at Noon we descended Mount Throsby – and then directed our Course backwards, through a fine open Forest, towards Mr. O'Brien's new Road, which we arrived at 2 P.M. — Having rested ourselves & Horses at a fresh water Creek, at the foot of the Mountain we were to ascend, for half an Hour, we commenced ascending the first Range at ½ past 2; – and at 4 P.M. we arrived on the Top of the Mountain; which having obtained no particular name before, I have Christened it "Mount Brisbane" in honor of the new Governor Sir Thomas Brisbane.

I rode up the whole of the Mountain, which is about two miles long, exclusive of the Ranges leading to the foot of it – which are at least two miles more in length. — The Road is perfectly safe and passable for Cattle and is what may be termed a good Bridle Road; – and it might he made a good Cart Road with very little more trouble. — In ascending a very steep part of the mountain, through some carelessness in the Driver, one of our Pack Horses with his Load, slipped and tumbled over three several times till he was stopped by a large Tree. — We all concluded he was killed but the Load preserved him, and after being disengaged from it, he got upon his Legs again without being in the least hurt, or wounded. — We came up with, or rather overtook the Baggage about Half way up the Pass, which was fortunate, as we were thus enabled to afford the People in charge of it our assistance. With exception of this accident we all got up Mount Brisbane perfectly safe, and with great ease to ourselves. —

The face of this mountain is also studded with very large fine Timber of the same description as that on the Regent Mountain, but there are more Cedar Trees on the former than on the latter. — I had one noble Cedar (Red) Tree measured on this mountain which measured 21 feet in Diameter and 120 feet in Height; the size of it being greater, and the Tree itself a finer one than I had ever seen before. — The part of it which measured 21 feet in Circumference was Ten feet from the Root of it, and continued to be of the same Size for 60 feet above the ground. I also saw here the largest and finest Box Trees I had ever seen in the Colony. —

We had a noble extensive view of the Ocean and part of Illawarra from the Summit of Mount Brisbane. — We rested a few minutes on the Top of the Mountain, and then pursued our Journey towards Appin at 20 minutes past 4,O'Clock, over a very good Bridle Road, tho' a little rough and stony. — At 10 minutes past 7 P.M. arrived at a very pretty thick Forest, with good Grazing for Cattle, distant about Ten miles from the Top of Mount Brisbane. Here we took up our Ground for the Night, our men and Cattle being rather tired. This day's Journey is about 32 miles. — Mr. O'Brien has named this Place Lachlan Forest, in honor of my beloved Boy. —

Thursday 17. Jany.
We got up early and Breakfasted – then had our Baggage packed up and sent off, and set out ourselves from Lachlan-Forest at ½ past 8,O'Clock A.M. After riding Five miles over a tolerable good Road, through an open Forest Country, we arrived at the Cataract River at ½ past 9 a.m. the Banks of which are immensely high and rocky – and almost perpendicular.

Here Mr. O'Brien succeeded in cutting out and forming a tolerable good Pass on either side of the River, and altho' very steep he has brought over a Cart & Team of Bullocks through the Passes thus made on each side of the River.

It is frightful to look at – but perfectly safe for Cattle and Persons on Horseback. I rode down the Pass on the Right Bank of the River, and that on the Left Bank without once dismounting.

It appearing to me that Mr. O'Brien has great merit in constructing this Road (which was by subscription) with such few Hands and slender means, I have christened the Pass of the Cataract River after him, namely "O'Brien's Pass". He had only Six men employed on this Line of Road (about 21 miles from Appin to Illawarra) with Sixty Pounds Subscribed by the Principal Gentlemen who had large Stocks of Cattle at Illawarra.

Having crossed to the Appin side of O'Brien's Pass, we pursued our Journey. — I called on Mrs. Broughton at "Lachlan Vale" 3 miles from the Cataract River, and remained an Hour with her & her Family.

I afterwards proceeded on my Journey, calling at Mr. O'Brien's Farm, where the Baggage was ordered to Halt – and wait our arrival. — Here I quitted my Horse for the Tandam [sic] and set out in it for Sydney at ½ past 12,O'Clock, leaving my Servants & Baggage to follow next day at their leisure. —

I stopt [sic] at Liverpool to change Horses for Half an Hour, then set out again, and arrived at Government House Sydney at Ten minutes past Six O'Clock; finding my dear Mrs. M. and our Darling Boy in good Health, and sitting down at Dinner, with a few friends, namely Major Antill, Dr. Ramsay, and the Revd. Mr. Reddall.

I had almost forgot to mention that I left my Travelling Companions Mr. Meehan, Mr. David Johnston, and Mr. O'Brien at the House of the latter, where they were engaged to dine previous to their proceeding to their respective Homes.


N.B. At least 20,000 acres of good Land still remains unlocated [sic] in Illawarra.


[End of the Journal describing the Tour to the Cowpastures and Illawarra region].

Macquarie, Lachlan. Journal of Tours to the Cow Pastures and Illawarra 9 January 1822 – 17 January 1822.
Original held in the Mitchell Library, Sydney.
ML Ref: A786 pp.1-28. [Microfilm Reel CY303 Frames #491-544].

Thursday 17. Jany. 1822 !
I returned this afternoon to Sydney from my Tour to Illawarra, and had the happiness to find my Family well at Home. —

Tuesday 22. Jany. 1822 !
Mrs. Macquarie, Lachlan and myself, set out this day on a little Tour of visits to out Friends in the Country. They (Mrs. M. & Lachn.) proceeding before me in the morning in the Carriage, and I following then in the Curricle in the afternoon to Liverpool – where we all Dined together with Mr. and Mrs. Moore.

We proceeded to the Revd. Mr. Reddall's after Dinner – and staid there this Night. —

Wednesday 23. Jany.
We set out in the morning on our Tour thro' Bringelly &c. – and Breakfasted with Mr. & Mrs. Lowe. We proceeded from thence to Shancamore the Farm of Mr. Campbell the Provost Marshal, where we halted for a couple of Hours; then pursued our Journey through the Bush to Mr. Badgery's where we also halted for about an Hour to examine his Farm and Cattle. — After this rest, we continued our Journey to Col: Erskine's Farm, where we arrived a little before Sunset – and took up our Quarters for the Night; — our Journey today from Mr. Reddall's being at least 32 miles. —

Thursday 24. Jany. —
We set out from "Erskine's-Park" at Half past 7,O'Clock – and arrived at rooty Hill at ¼ past 8. a.m. and here we met Sir Thomas Brisbane by appointment, and Breakfasted with Mr. D. Johnston Supdt. of Govt. Stock.

After Breakfast we rode on Horse-back through the Bush to the Eastern Creek Cattle Station – and from thence to the Native Village on the Richmond Road; leaving Mrs. M. & Lachlan at Rooty Hill, but whom, it was agreed should meet us at Prospect.

We proceeded as far as the new Establishment of the Natives – where we remained for Half an Hour to inspect it, and the four married couples settled. — We then directed our Route Homewards, and joined Mrs. M. & Lachlan at Prospect at 2. P.M. — Sir Thomas Brisbane proceeded with us from thence in the Carriage to Parramatta, where we had agreed to pass a couple of Days with him and his Family previous to our departure for England; — which we did accordingly.

Saturday 26. Jany.
After spending two days very pleasantly at Parramatta we returned to Sydney this day at ½ past 12,O'Clock.

Thursday 31. Jany. 1822 !!!
This being the anniversary of my Birth-Day (– when I complete my Sixtieth year –), my dear Mrs. M. gave a Breakfast to a few select Friends at Elizabeth-Town, the Native Village where we have established the Sydney Tribe. — The Revd. Mr. Cowper, Mrs. & Miss Cowper, Mr. J.T. Campbell, Major Antill, Dr. Stevenson, and Mrs. M. Lachn. & myself made the Party. — We also treated 42 Natives to Breakfast and Tobacco. —

The Cowper Family, Major & Mrs. Antill, Mr. Campbell, Dr. Wentworth, Dr. Stephenson, Major Ovens, Lieut. Marshal – and ourselves, made up our Dinner Party. —

A large Party of the Emancipated Colonists assembled at Sydney this Day and gave a Dinner in honor of my Birth-Day. —

Previous Index Next

Macquarie, Lachlan. Diary 11 March 1821 - 12 February 1822.
Original held in Mitchell Library, Sydney.
ML Ref: A774 pp.248-256 [CY Reel 301: Frames 664-672].

Top of page

Copyright © 2011 Macquarie University. All rights reserved.

Macquarie University
NSW State Library
National Library of Scotland
Historic Houses Trust
National Library of Australia
National Museum of Australia
State Records of NSW