We hold twice-yearly sessions for parents and professionals
For children with special learning needs
Macquarie University Special Education Centre (MUSEC) is a research-based special school for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 with disability including mild or moderate intellectual disability, autism, or language disability.
At MUSEC School we aim to develop each child to their maximum potential in both academic and classroom self-management skills.
Features of the MUSEC school program include:
- intensive small group instruction in literacy and numeracy by specialist teachers
- program adjustment based on progress monitoring, ensuring a truly individualised program
- assistance with learning classroom self-management skills
- assistance in the development of speech and language skills
- collaboration with parents
- assistance for each student’s transition to their next educational setting.
My daughter has been happy to attend every single day of school since she started at MUSEC. The work given to her has helped her progress to a point that has shown her true potential to learn.
Eligibility and enrolment
Read the disability eligibility requirements for admission and see how to enrol your child.
Life at our school
Discover our supportive school environment and what a typical day looks like at MUSEC.