Register your interest
Register your interest in one or all of our units here
Frequently asked questions
Answers to common questions about these microcredentials
For your convenience, our website displays links to other third party websites. Macquarie University does not control the content of these other third party websites and does not endorse the content. Your access and use of the information provided on those sites is at your own risk and we accept no liability for the content.
All intellectual property in relation to content on this site belongs to Macquarie University or its licensors. All content on this site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
All materials (including course materials) made available to you by Macquarie University, including on any online learning management system, as part of your enrolment and participation in a course, module, topic, event or seminar offered by the Academy, are provided to you for your own use for your educational, study and research purposes. You may not otherwise reproduce, communicate or distribute those materials without the permission of the copyright owner, except as permitted by law.
Macquarie University has taken care in creating the Academy website and offers the information on the website to you in good faith. However, the views and opinions expressed by any identified individuals or entities are not, and do not necessarily reflect, those of Macquarie University.
Macquarie University does not warrant or represent, and to the extent permitted by law, Macquarie University excludes all representations and warranties (express or implied) as to:
- the accuracy, currency or completeness of any information or material on or referred to on the Academy website or any linked sites;
- the website, or the server that makes the site available are free of software bugs or viruses;
- the functions contained in any software contained on the website will operate uninterrupted or are error free;
- errors or defects in the website will be corrected; or
- the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to on the website or any linked sites.
Macquarie University is not liable for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) in connection with:
- the use of this website its content or any material accessed through this website;
- you acting or failing to act, on any information contained in or referred to on the website and/or any of the linked websites;
- the transmission of any computer viruses or defects from using this website or any linked sites; or
- using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the website and/or any linked site, even if Macquarie University has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
Where liability cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law the liability of Macquarie University is, at our option, limited to refunding the price of the relevant goods or service, supplying again the goods or service or replacing or repairing the goods.
Academy enrolment terms
The Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education at Macquarie University offers various courses, modules, topics, events and seminars. For ease of reference, these are referred to collectively as “Academy Professional Development courses” or “courses” in these Terms.
Academy Professional Development courses offered by Macquarie University are designed to support learning for educators, professionals, leaders and other participants. Participants acknowledge that Academy Professional Development courses do not by themselves lead to the award of a university qualification.
Participants acknowledge that it is a participant’s responsibility to determine the suitability of a course for their professional, educational and learning needs and requirements.
Participants acknowledge that they agree to abide by these terms throughout their participation in the course, including if their employee or associated school has financially supported their enrolment into the course.
In order to successfully complete a course and attain the relevant certification or accreditation, participants must:
- satisfactorily fulfill all course requirements, which may include satisfactory attendance at any workshops and webinars and the satisfactory completion of any coursework and assessments as determined by Macquarie University, having regard to its relevant assessment criteria and standards; and
- ensure that the course fees are paid in full.
For teachers working in NSW schools, attendance at all hours of a course (and where relevant, completion of required coursework and assessments) is mandatory in order to receive NESA accreditation.
Macquarie University reserves the right to vary (for any reason) any of the arrangements and requirements for courses, either before or during the course and this may include cancelling or terminating a course. All enrollees will be informed of any changes or cancellation.
Group and individual discounts may apply up to 20 business days prior to the course date. Details of such discounts are set out on the Academy website.
Course fees (excluding GST) will be set out in the relevant course information.
The cut-off date for all course enrolments is 5 business days prior to course commencement. If you want to enrol for a course after the closing date, email the Academy Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Macquarie University may in its absolute discretion consider the request, but there is no guarantee that late enrolments will be accepted.
For some courses, the minimum number of enrolments required for a course to proceed is advertised. If a course becomes full, we may be able to repeat the course if demand meets or exceeds these required numbers.
During a participant’s enrolment and participation in a course (and any related activities), a participant must:
- act with academic integrity. This involves acting with the values of honesty, respect, trust, responsibility and support in learning and research; and
- conduct themselves in a manner that is professional, respectful, courteous and appropriate in an academic setting. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that they do not engage in behaviour that is disruptive, offensive, unlawful, constitutes discrimination, harassment or bullying or that brings the University into disrepute or adversely affects the University’s reputation or good standing.
Enrolment and personal information
Additionally, Macquarie University may:
- publish photographs, sound recordings and video recordings of you and your voice, taken during your attendance at a course, for informational, marketing or promotional purposes. You consent to this use unless you withdraw your consent in writing addressed to Academy Administration at email@example.com
- use your personal information including phone number, email or mailing address to contact you about further courses or events that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted please notify Academy Administration firstname.lastname@example.org or use the opt out mechanism in our direct marketing communications
- provide your personal information (as well as assessment results) as required to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
Cancellation and refund policy – individual and group enrolments
Macquarie University reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason and at any time (including after your enrolment and acceptance into a course). Where possible, we will endeavour to notify you of the cancellation at least 5 business days prior to the course start date. Where the University cancels a course, you will receive a full refund of the course fee.
If you need to cancel your enrolment, please email the Academy Administration at email@example.com.
You can cancel the enrolment by providing no less than 10 business days notice prior the course start date to obtain a full refund less a $100 administration cancellation fee which will be deducted from the refund.
If you cancel with less than 10 business days from the course start date, you will forfeit the full course fee.
If you fail to attend the course you will forfeit the full course fee.
If you cancel or fail to attend the course due to misadventure (serious illness, accident, emergency) you will be entitled to a full refund provided that an incident report (medical certificate, police report, etc) is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 business days of the incident date.
Participants who enrol and commence a course but withdraw before completing it will forfeit the full course fee.
Macquarie University reserves the right to cancel your enrolment and terminate your access to a course due to misbehaviour, unsatisfactory conduct, breach of these Terms, policy breach or any other reason. Macquarie University reserves the right to forfeit the full course fee at its discretion, having regard to the nature of the misbehaviour, unsatisfactory conduct, breach of these Terms, policy breach or other reason.
Any refunds due to you under these Terms will be processed by EFT within 20 working days of Macquarie University providing notice that it will refund the course fees (or part of the course fees) due to cancellation of a course or other reason.