Sport and Aquatic Centre
Welcome to Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre
Macquarie University Sport is a multipurpose fitness venue designed to meet all your health, fitness and sporting needs. Conveniently located in the heart of the Macquarie University campus, the Centre is only minutes from the neighbouring Macquarie Park and North Ryde business districts.
With a fully equipped Health Club, Group Fitness classes, indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, and a variety of social sport and programs, Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre is the ideal venue for you to achieve the balance in your life, whether you're a student, member of the local community or local business district.
Macquarie University Sport has a number of sporting options open to both members and the general public. If you're interested in seeing our facilities, why not book a tour with us? Our lovely staff will be more than happy to show you around!
If time is of the essence, you can undertake a virtual tour as well - just click through here.
Before you do however, make sure you read through the list below to check out what we have to offer:
- A variety of membership or casual visit options to suit your training or sporting style;
- The Macquarie University Sport Health Club is home to our strength training and cardiovascular conditioning equipment (with equipment that records and tracks workouts);
- Our Group Fitness program offers up to 110 classes per week. Interested in seeing what classes are on offer? Click through to view the Group Fitness Class timetable (classes subject to availability);
- Our Virtual Group Fitness Studio is home to 250 virtual class options to pick from (subject to booking availability);
- 25 Small Group Training sessions per week are available to book, with sessions published in the Small Group Training timetable (subject to booking availability);
- There are two pools on-site, both available for lap swimming -the 25m Indoor (8 lanes, 31 degrees year round) and 50m Outdoor pool (8 lanes, 25 degrees year round). Click through to check lane availability here;
- Court hire is available for Badminton, Basketball and Squash. Interested in hiring out a court? Click through here, but please remember, bookings are subject to availability;
- Social sessions are also available for booking, whether you're a student or not (subject to available times);
- Have a team you'd like to enter into a Social competition? Check out what competitions we currently have open, as well as any upcoming competitions here;
- Fancy joining a Sport Club? Macquarie University Sport has a number of clubs across a range of sports open to both students and non-students (subject to team qualification rules, terms and conditions);
- University Games is something we take seriously. Are you a student interested in taking part? Click through here to view more information;
- Are you an elite sportsperson? Trying to balance your studies with your growing athletic career? You might be eligible for a Sport Scholarship. Click through for more information;
- Macquarie University Sport offers a number of programs for both Adults and Children. Disciplines include Swimming, Gymnastics and Martial Arts. We cater to and specalise to all levels of experience;
- Don't know what to do with the kids these school holidays? Don't worry, Macquarie University Sport has you sorted! Click through to learn more about our Holiday Sport programs;
- With over 7-hectares of specialist playing areas, Macquarie University Sport Fields are available for hire for any range of sports - Football/Soccer, Rugby League and Union, AFL, Cricket, Touch Football and much more!
- Whether sporting or professional, Macquarie University Sport offers 11 venue hire options to suit your event needs. Click through to learn more about our venue hire options here (subject to availability);
- Lockers available for hire (subject to availability);
- Paid parking is available at Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre in the P3 North car park - click through for more information.The Centre does not accept responsibility for any parking fines received by patrons.
News and Events:
Macquarie University Sport's operating hours are listed below:
|Monday - Friday|
5:30am - 10:00pm (Pools close at 9:45pm)
Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays
6:00am - 7:00pm (Pools close at 6:45pm)
Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
Monday 11 June 2018: 6.00am – 7.00pm (Pools close at 6.45pm)
The following MQ Programs do not operate on the Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday
- Swim Squads and Gymnastics Squads.
- Swim Programs, Gymnastics Programs & Children’s Martial Arts Programs. Direct debits for affected members will be adjusted accordingly in the Tuesday 5 June direct debit.
- Social Sport Netball Competition.
- Martial Arts including Taekwondo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai Kick Boxing.
Have a question or query you feel hasn’t been answered? Would you like to know more? Contact us on 9850 7636 or send your enquiry to this page. Need an answer right away? Why not try the LiveChat feature in the bottom right hand corner of this page. We have a representative on standby ready and willing to help!
Swim laps in our 50m outdoor and 25m indoor heated swimming pools....
Get fit and stay motivated in our group fitness classes....
View guidelines to hire our badminton, basketball and squash courts....
View guidelines to use our fields, as well as wet weather closure information....
Hold a birthday party, friendly match or end-of-exams celebration game at our Centre....
Sport and Aquatic Centre FAQs
Frequently asked questions about our Centre....