Assignment and study support
Walk in assignment research support for all students. Please see staff at the information desk on level 2 of the Library.
Virtual research support is provided for all students via phone, email or chat.
InfoWISE is your online research and information literacy support tool.
Researching your assignment - an overview.
Subject & research guides help you with researching, referencing and doing your assignments.
Learning Skills offer a wide range of services and online resources to enhance your academic skills and performance:
- StudyWISE is an iLearn resource specifically designed to help you to manage studies, strengthen study techniques, write effective assignments, improve English language proficiency.
- Academic Integrity Module for Students is an iLearn resource created to help you learn about academic integrity, academic behaviours, what 'plagiarism' is and strategies to avoid it, your responsibilities in relation to academic integrity and your rights under the Macquarie University Academic Honesty Policy.
- English language development resources
The Library supports Academics, ECRs, Professional Staff, HDR, MRes, Postgraduate and Honours students with the following research services:
- Advanced database searching including search/subject alerts.
- Identifying useful methodology.
- Evaluating sources, literature reviews and systematic reviews.
- Digital literacies
- Bibliographic and referencing management including EndNote and Mendeley
- Researcher impact measures: metrics and altmetrics.
- Literature searches for clinical research questions.
- Evidence-based practice question and literature search support.
- ResearchOnline is Macquarie University's open access digital collection.
- Digital Thesis Program: submission guidelines and form (rtf 6mb).
- Research identifiers: ORCID, Scopus ID, ResearcherID, Google Scholar profiles.
- Government Reporting including HERDC and ERA.
- Open access at Macquarie: a guide.
- Research data management: assistance with data description and DOI generation.
- Requesting an ISBN
Copyright and IP advice contact information and introductory guide
HDR Learning Skills runs various workshops for HDR and MRes students.
Subject and research guides help with researching and referencing.
Early Career Researcher support - targeted research support and services throughout the research cycle.
Collections: Macquarie University is committed to developing and maintaining a shared collection of published materials to support its research.
- partner to embed information literacy skills development into course work
- partner to promote and improve use of library research resources and research management tools Research or Clinical Librarian for more information.
Faculty research support: Research Librarian team leaders provide support through membership on faculty sub-committees and by leading Research Librarians at a discipline level. Contact your Faculty Research Librarian: