Library services & COVID-19
We're online to help
Chat is available weekdays from 8am to 10pm, and on weekends from 10am to 6pm.
You can also submit an enquiry or call 1800 300 753.
The Library building is open to current students and staff:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10am to 6pm
WHAT IS OPEN?
- Online enquiries and consultations.
- Limited, socially distanced, individual study space for Macquarie students only. See details below.
- Self-service borrowing for Macquarie staff & students only. See details below.
WHAT REMAINS CLOSED?
- All group study spaces.
- Reserve & VRoom area.
Find online services and resources
|MultiSearch||The Library's search platform. When you are off campus log in to MultiSearch for the most comprehensive access to journal articles, ebooks, databases and more.|
|Google Scholar||When using Google Scholar, use the link on the Library home page to get full access to articles and content the Library subscribes to.|
|Unit readings||Online unit readings are located in Leganto. Look for the Leganto box in your iLearn units. Academic staff can create reading lists directly in Leganto.|
|Subject & research guides||Our librarians have created comprehensive subject and research guides that can help you when researching your assignments. Useful guides on referencing too!|
|StudyWISE||Brush up your academic skills with StudyWISE, an iLearn module. It will show you how to structure and write different types of assignments, research, plan and reference effectively, as well as many other skills to help you succeed at University.|
|WriteWISE||WriteWISE Peer Writing Leaders and Learning Advisers are available online to discuss your assignments or study issues with you.|
|Studiosity||Studiosity is a 24/7 online writing and study assistance service that provides one-on-one academic study help.|
|LinkedIn Learning||Staff and students have access to this service (formerly known as Lynda) featuring thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts covering technology, business and creative skills.|
|Pure Publications & ORCID support|
All ORCID related queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We run regular Pure training sessions around publications, ORCID and profile building. Our training sessions page will provide the most up-to-date information for faculty communications around Pure training.
There is also one-on-one support and consultations via Zoom, as well as via OneHelp and email.
Our guide to Open Educational Resources (OERs) will help you find freely available resources. These are publicly accessible materials, including openly licensed scholarly texts & other digital media, that can be used for research as well as teaching & learning.
|O'Reilly Online Learning||Students & staff have access to O'Reilly, an extensive online learning library on information technology, computer science, desktop applications and business.|
Limited study spaces
In line with government advice to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Library is operating in socially distanced mode.
There are limited, socially distanced, individual study spaces available specifically for students who do not have internet access or access to a study space at their current accommodation. Do not come to the Library meet up with friends. If you can study from home you should.
- Macquarie University students & staff only. These spaces are for MQ students and staff only. You MUST bring your campus card to get access.
- Library study space hours. Study spaces are open 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm on weekends. This may change in response to demand and shifting government advice. Check the opening hours page before you come in.
- Available services & facilities. Self-service laptop loans (4 hours) and printing are available. Power points are available BUT access is limited so bring a fully charged device - no device charging stations are available. For IT assistance, contact MQ IT HelpDesk.
- Spaces are very limited. Social distancing requirements mean only a limited number of people can be in the Library building at any one time. Access is on a first come, first served basis - we cannot guarantee a study space. Additional study spaces may be provided in the Graduation Hall.
- Limited food and drink. Limited food outlets are operating on campus including the Library Café. Cooking facilities (HDR kitchen and microwaves) are currently unavailable in the Library. Limited food and beverages are available from vending machines. See the MQ COVID-19 pages for updates on available services on campus.
- HDR and Postgraduate study spaces. The dedicated researcher spaces on levels 3 and 5 are available with limited seating to enforce social distancing. Lockers are unavailable and the HDR kitchen area is CLOSED.
Conditions of Entry
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of Library visitors and staff we ask you to observe the following conditions of entry:
- Swipe Access for Macquarie University students and staff only. You will need to swipe your student/staff card to enter the building
- Macquarie University students and staff who are unwell are asked to stay at home
- Ensure 1.5 metre distance from others
- Seating and tables are to remain in place to comply with physical distancing
- Use spaces for individual study only – no group study
- Follow marked entry and exit routes and floor markings
- Ensure good hand hygiene. Soap and water are available in the bathrooms and hand sanitiser stations are provided throughout the building. Please clean your hands before and after using PCs, equipment or collection items
- Staff at the door will manage numbers entering the building
- If we reach capacity you will not be able to enter, or re-enter, so please take your belongings when you leave
- Comply with signage indicating the maximum safe capacity for enclosed spaces
- Returns are quarantined for a minimum 72 hours and returned to circulation
- Access to physical collections is now available for Macquarie staff and students only. Please locate items in MultiSearch before coming into the Library.
- Books on loan can be returned to the outside chutes near the Library loading dock. Books will take several days to be checked in. You will not be fined for this check-in period. You can renew your loans using My Library in MultiSearch.
- Online Reserve titles are available via Leganto. Contact us via chat or the enquiry form if you have any questions.
- Interlibrary loans are operating on a digital-preferred basis as currently most national and international libraries are not lending books for interlibrary loans. For information or to place a request contact: email@example.com NOTE: There is no confirmed date for the resumption of physical copies requests from other libraries as most of our partner libraries have still suspended their ILL lending services
- Renewing Interlibrary loans. To renew an interlibrary loan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days before the item is due and we will contact the lending institution to request a renewal.
Please note some lending institutions do not permit renewals of their items. With the current Covid-19 situation, more libraries are allowing renewals but we need approval from the lending library before we can process the renewal.
- Accessing electronic journals off campus. We've created a journal survival guide to help you access content Macquarie subscribes to.
- Request a book purchase. We are processing orders for new books with the preference for e-versions. Complete the request a purchase form or email email@example.com and we will investigate whether an e-version is available. If an e-version is not available we will order a print version.
- Accessing print journals. If you require access to an article in a print journal you may borrow the specific journal issue for one day via the Click & Collect Service.
- Interlibrary loans (document supply). The Library’s Interlibrary Loan service is still accepting requests on a digital only basis (limited physical loans). The Library is working with our partners nationally and internationally to obtain digital copies of journal articles and book chapters where possible. More information is on the Interlibrary loan page or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renewing Interlibrary loans. To renew an interlibrary loan, please email email@example.com at least 3 working days before the item is due and we will contact the lending institution to request a renewal. Please note some lending institutions do not permit renewals of their items. With the current Covid-19 situation, more libraries are allowing renewals but we need approval from the lending library before we can process the renewal.
- Research consultations. Research Librarians are available for individual advice and assistance. Please email your Research Librarian to arrange a Zoom consultation.
- Online access issues from home. If your OneID & password has stopped working, and you can no longer access the Library’s eresources off-campus, please contact OneHelp.
- HDR lockers. If you have left something in an HDR locker you will need to contact security (9850 7112) to collect it.
- Using teaching materials in iLearn & Leganto. We've created an information sheet (pdf, 82kb) outlining how to make text, image, video and audio material available to students, while complying with important copyright and licence conditions.
- Use Leganto to create reading lists. The Library provides reading lists via Leganto, a reading list management system that enables you to create dynamic lists from a range of sources. Find out how to use it.
- Library staff can help. Contact your Research Librarian or the Unit Readings team p:9850 7551 e: firstname.lastname@example.org. There's more information on the Teaching Support pages.