Library services & COVID-19
We're online to help
Chat is available weekdays from 8am to 8pm, and on weekends from 10am to 6pm.
You can also submit an enquiry and we will respond within 24 working hours.
Online services and resources
|MultiSearch||The Library's search platform. When you are off campus log in to MultiSearch for the most comprehensive access to journal articles, ebooks, databases and more.|
|Google Scholar||When using Google Scholar, use the link on the Library home page to get full access to articles and content the Library subscribes to.|
|Unit readings||Online unit readings are located in Leganto. Look for the Leganto box in your iLearn units. Academic staff can create reading lists directly in Leganto.|
|Subject & research guides||Our librarians have created comprehensive subject and research guides that can help you when researching your assignments. Useful guides on referencing too!|
|StudyWISE||Brush up your academic skills with StudyWISE, an iLearn module. It will show you how to structure and write different types of assignments, research, plan and reference effectively, as well as many other skills to help you succeed at University.|
|WriteWISE||WriteWISE Peer Writing Leaders and Learning Advisers are available online to discuss your assignments or study issues with you.|
|Studiosity||Studiosity is a 24/7 online writing and study assistance service that provides one-on-one academic study help.|
|LinkedIn Learning||Staff and students have access to this service (formerly known as Lynda) featuring thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts covering technology, business and creative skills.|
The Library building is closed until further notice due to COVID-19
As directed by the Federal Government, to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, the Library building will be closed from 10pm 25th March until further notice. As a result of this closure:
- You will not be asked to return books, your books will not be recalled, and loans have been extended. You can renew your loans using My Library in MultiSearch.
- There is no access to the physical print collections including Reserve, Special Collections, and the ARC. Contact us online if you have any questions.
- There is no access to study spaces, including HDR and Postgraduate spaces, quiet rooms, the Bubuk room or to the Library café.
- Physical items will not be available for Interlibrary Loans. This service will be operating on a digital only basis. For information or to place a request contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have left something in an HDR lockers you will need to contact security on 9850 7112 to arrange to collect your items.
- Academic staff requiring support transitioning to online learning and preparing unit readings can get help: https://www.mq.edu.au/about/campus-services-and-facilities/library/teaching-support