M-Power: One Act
Random Acts of Kindness
How good is the feeling of doing something nice for someone? Brilliant right! Gets you smiling on the inside. Actually, that is a thing and there is some good evidence to back it up. Up to 40% of our happiness depends on our daily activities and the choices we make. Research has shown that one of the keys to happiness is giving. These small acts of kindness have big positive ripples that benefit both the giver, receiver and pretty much everyone in the community. Sound good? We thought so!
To welcome our new and returning students and staff, we are kicking off the year with Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) on campus. It's easy to get involved, all you have to do is seek out opportunities to be kind.
You may also see, find or receive a kindness card (like the ones above), if you do please keep paying it forward and don't forget to share your story online using the #mqOneAct.
Let's add some kindness to the world!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Leave encouraging notes
- Hide compliments or encouraging messages in library textbooks
- Help a new student with wayfinding
- Thank someone
- Help out someone who needs assistance with carrying stuff
- Give up your seat on public transport if someone needs it more
- Pay for the next persons coffee without telling them
- Pick up litter
- Bake something to share
- Volunteer your time
- Send an encouraging email
- Text someone to see how they are
- Leave books you have read in public places for others to find
- Tutor someone
- Support a friend’s sports team
- Write a good review
Share your story online using the #mqOneAct.
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 02 Mar 2020 10:58am