I'll sit less during the day
that there are plenty of ways to enjoy the benefits of moving more by incorporating a few little tips and hacks into our daily lives.
- Why not try standing on train or bus?
- Challenge yourself to take the stairs and walk up escalators.
- Incorporate apps or plugins that remind you to get up every half hour - we love Stand Up! The Work Break Timer.
- Try a standing desk, or make one by placing your laptop on a box or similar so you can work standing up.
- Every time you take a phone call, use that as a reminder to stand up. Walk around whilst taking the call if you are on a cordless phone or mobile.
- Schedule walking meetings when you can walk and talk, rather than be desk bound.
- Hit the gym or go for a walk during break times.
Content owner: Macquarie University Property Last updated: 02 Mar 2020 10:56am