PVC Programs and Pathways
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Programs and Pathways is located within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic. The PVC Programs and Pathways develops and drives the University’s strategy for building and enhancing entry and progression pathways and leads the ongoing improvement of academic offerings at Macquarie. This portfolio is accountable for:
- Lead the planning and evaluation of entry and progression pathways for Macquarie’s coursework programs including third party channels.
- Provide expert advice to the University Executive on matters relating to entry and progression pathways and academic program lifecycle.
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at ensuring programs, pathways and retention activities contribute towards strategic load building.
- Lead and mentor the Widening Participation team to ensure it delivers its funding and institutional objectives.
- Lead ongoing improvement of courses, curriculum & program architecture to ensure robust academic content and to support student experience and success.
- Oversee the quality assurance of entry and progression pathways and academic program lifecycle.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, ensure effective academic administration of the academic program lifecycle for courses.
- In collaboration with the Analytics and Student Administration teams, lead the collection, analysis and reporting of data related to the effectiveness of student pathways and student success.
- Actively participate in University-wide governance including attending Senate, ASQC and RSNPG.
Key portfolio team contacts
Manager, Programs and Pathways: Stuart Upton
Executive Assistant: Naomi Gray
The Pro Vice-Chancellor Programs and Pathways: Professor Sean Brawley, Professor of History, BA(Hons), Grad Cert Higher Ed, PhD (UNSW), MPHA, PFHEA.