Office of PVC (Programs and Pathways)
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Programs and Pathways) is located within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic). The PVC (Programs and Pathways) develops and drives the University’s strategy for building and enhancing entry and progression pathways and leads the ongoing improvement of academic offerings at Macquarie. This portfolio is accountable for:
- Leading the ongoing improvement of courses, curriculum and program architecture to ensure robust academic content and to support student experience and success.
- Overseeing the quality assurance of entry and progression pathways and academic program lifecycle.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, ensure effective academic administration of the academic program lifecycle for courses.
- In collaboration with the Analytics and Student Administration teams, lead the collection, analysis and reporting of data related to the effectiveness of student pathways and student success.
- Actively participate in University-wide governance including attending Academic Senate, Academic Standards and Quality Committee (ASQC) and Revenue and Student Numbers Planning Group (RSNPG).
- Leading the planning and evaluation of entry and progression pathways for Macquarie’s coursework programs including third party channels.
- Providing expert advice to the University Executive on matters relating to entry and progression pathways and academic program lifecycle.
- Developing and implementing strategies aimed at ensuring programs, pathways and retention activities contribute towards strategic load building.
- Leading and mentor the Widening Participation team to ensure it delivers its funding and institutional objectives.
The current Pro Vice-Chancellor (Programs and Pathways) is Professor Sean Brawley.