Office of PVC (Learning and Teaching)
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) is located within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic). The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) develops and implements the University's learning and teaching and employability strategies and directs teaching methodologies which ensure students gain a deep understanding of their area of study and apply their learning and skills in the classroom and beyond in the workplace and research after completing their studies. This portfolio is responsible for:
- Strategic initiatives that enhance the quality and outcomes of learning and teaching and the employability of Macquarie graduates.
- Developing an environment of innovation and excellence in digital and face-to-face learning and teaching.
- Supporting new approaches to teaching and learning with innovation and technology infrastructure that supports and excellent learning environment.
- Developing and implementing a cross-institutional digital strategy for academic program delivery.
- Leading initiatives in employability and work-integrated learning.
- In collaboration, developing the delivery of infrastructure which enables physical and virtual learning spaces that support an excellent student learning experience.
- Developing academic staff capability to deliver quality, cutting-edge face-to-face and online learning.
- Supporting innovative and student-focused teaching delivery.
- Building and supporting a diverse and inclusive culture in a climate of transformative learning and producing ethically and engaged graduates in local and global communities.
The following areas fall within this portfolio:
- Professional and Community Engagement (PACE)
- Global Leadership Program (GLP)
- Learning Innovation Hub (LIH)
The current Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) is Professor Dominique Parrish