Our mission is to become recognised as a global thought leader in cyber security by building on our research excellence and impact in the field, and by leveraging our links to government, business and leading research centres in Australia and internationally.
We want to:
- enable the conversation between different stakeholders
- influence policy, standards and advocacy
- contribute to business strategy and innovation
- focus the academic community towards research that will make greater impact in practice
- translate knowledge, insight and foresight into commercial and social benefits
We aim to share our expertise with the community – bringing together leaders from government, regulatory bodies, corporates, start-ups, SMEs, educators and researchers – to identify and confront grand challenges, brainstorm new approaches and co-create knowledge.
The Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub delivers a year-round program in thought leadership. This includes the publication of white papers and reports, and hosting and participating in a wide range of events including seminars and workshops, and our high-profile international Annual Forum in cyber security.