Protocol Practical considerations
When planning a visit by a VIP guest, keep considerations these in mind.
- Delegations, visits, meetings and events are generally facilitated by a senior member of staff at Macquarie University.
- Allocate priority parking at an appropriate entrance to the University and designate a representative from the host office and/or a Protocol Officer to meet VIPs upon arrival. Domestic visitors will generally have their own transport. International visitors may require an airport meeting and drop-off or assistance with their transport arrangements.
- Notify Campus Security of visitors travelling with their own security.
- Where appropriate, gifts and refreshments should be arranged by the designated host's office and charged to the Division. Advice on appropriate gift options can be provided by the Domestic or International Protocol team.
- The Domestic Protocol team has the Australian, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and New South Wales flags and flag poles available for functions and can provide advice on flag protocol.
- The International Protocol team has a number of international flags and poles available for functions and can provide advice on flag protocol.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor S Bruce Dowton with Dame Marie Bashir AD, VCO at the official opening of the Deb Bailey MND Research Centre in 2013. Dame Marie was Governor of NSW and also acting Governor-General at the time.
Photo by Paul Wright