Macquarie University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is offering merit-based scholarships for high achieving Year 12 domestic students enrolling in a variety of Faculty of Science and Engineering degree programs for Session 1 2020. These prestigious scholarships will be offered to outstanding commencing students and will range in value from $2,000 p.a. to $10,000 p.a. The scholarships vary from one year to renewable for each year of undergraduate degree, subject to ongoing eligibility requirements.
The following academic scholarships are currently on offer to students enrolling in Engineering degree programs for session 1 2020:
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) Women in Engineering Scholarship
The CASS Women in Engineering Scholarship is open to undergraduate female students going into the second year of an Engineering degree in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. The scholarship is valued at $13,000 per year and is tenable for three years.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a domestic student starting her second year of a Bachelor of Engineering degree in the year which the scholarship is awarded
- Be intending to study full time and internally. A full time waiver can be granted in instances where the student can demonstrate a need to study part time (e.g. carer responsibilities, long term medical condition, currently working part time in a law related field)
- Be able to demonstrate (via a 1 page personal statement and two letters of reference) how they believe the CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career
- Have demonstrated academic merit
- Financial hardship might be considered
Applications open in January 2020. For more information about this scholarship, click here.
For information on scholarships awarded on the basis of financial need and/or other hardship, community involvement, leadership potential or sporting achievement, visit the Macquarie University Scholarships page.