Mechanical & Materials Engineering
This research theme's focus in on developing and fabricating materials and micro-devices. Projects involve nanoparticles for chemcial and optical detection of molecules, materials and fabrication methods as well as electrical, mechanical and optical detection methods for particles, molecules and physiological states such as rare cells, blood glucose, and blood pressure.
- Computational particle technologies
- Inhaler design
- Functional nano-composite material
- Semiconductor-based nanosensor
- High-entropy alloys
- Risk analysis and accident modelling
- Candace Lang has been active in the development of metallic materials for applications as diverse as jewellery, fuel cell catalysts, and medical electrodes.
- G Leteba, RR Vanfleet, C I Lang, Synthesis of V, Pt and Pt-V nanoparticles, International Journal of Nanoparticles, (2013)
The following slideshow can be cycled through 4 displays. Depending on screen reader and browser combination, they may present one at a time or all at once. The screen reader may also present the number of the current slide and a button to play or pause the slideshow. Additionally, when the slideshow has keyboard focus, the left and right arrow keys can be used to navigate through the slides.
End of slideshow
|Rouzbeh Abbassi |
|Shaokoon Cheng |
|Shujuan Huang |
|Binesh Puthen Veetil |
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
|Fatemeh Salehi |
ARC DECRA Fellow