AustMS Annual Meeting 2017
AustMS Annual Meeting 2017
The 61st annual meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society will be held by the Department of Mathematics at Macquarie University, 12–15 December 2017.
- Georgia Benkart, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, USA (Hanna Neumann Lecturer)
- Young-Ju Choie, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Ivan Corwin, Columbia University, USA
- Michael Cowling, University of New South Wales
- Yihong Du, University_of New England
- Hélène Frankowska, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Catherine Greenhill, University of New South Wales
- Andrei Okounkov, Columbia University, USA
- Phil Pollett, University of Queensland
- Michael Small, University of Western Australia
- Hans De Sterck, Monash University
- Yvonne Stokes, University of Adelaide (ANZIAM Lecturer)
- Maryna Viazovska, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Organiser: Philip Hackney (Macquarie)
Organiser: Thomas Quella (Melbourne)
Organiser: David Harvey (UNSW)
Organiser: Zsuzsanna Dancso (Sydney)
You can register here.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 10 November.
Early bird price - $550
After Friday 20 October - $600
Student or Retired AustMS Member:
Early bird price - $660
After Friday 20 October - $750
$275 (does not include conference dinner)
Conference Dinner (evening of Thursday 14 December):
Free for attendees, $120 for accompanying guests
Welcome reception (evening of Tuesday 12 December):
Free for attendees, $35 for accompanying guests
Women in Maths dinner (evening of Monday 11 December):
Free for attendees
Bernhard Neumann Prize
This Prize is awarded for the most outstanding talk presented by a student at the Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society.
For further information on this prize, includings rules, advice and its history, see the Bernhard Neumann Prize page.
Students giving a talk at this conference are eligible for the AustMS Student Support Scheme (SSS), covering up to half of travel, registration and childcare costs.
All information, including the funding rules, application deadline and application online form, can be found via AustMS Student Support Scheme
Accommodation options within walking distance of Macquarie University may quickly become rather limited or even unavailable, particularly closer to the time of the meeting. To secure your choice of accommodation, you are strongly advised to plan your trip and make your bookings as early as possible.
Of course, Sydney has many other possibilities for accommodation further away from the university; particularly convenient would be those that are placed along the train line running from the University into the city via North Ryde, Chatswood, Artarmon, St Leonard's and North Sydney.
Hotel accommodation on or near campus
- MGSM Executive Hotel
- Meriton Suites North Ryde
- Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde
- Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
- Holiday Inn Express Macquarie Park
- The Ranch
Hotel accommodation near Macquarie Park station (one train stop away from campus)
Residential colleges on campus
- Paul Smith — co-director
- Xuan Duong — co-director
- Richard Garner — Treasurer
- Steve Lack — Secretary
- Christine Hale — Administrator
- Carolyn Kennett
- Ji Li
- Ross Moore — IT, Website
- Frank Valckenborgh
- Elena Vynogradova
- Julie Clutterbuck, Monash University
- Xuan Duong, Macquarie University
- Gary Froyland, University of New South Wales
- Vladimir Gaitsgory, Macquarie University
- Jan De Gier, University of Melbourne
- Giang Nguyen, The University of Adelaide
- Cheryl Praeger, University of Western Australia
- Jacqui Ramagge, The University of Sydney
- Paul Smith, Macquarie University
- Ole Warnaar, University of Queensland
The organisers gratefully acknowledge support for the AustMS Annual Meeting from the Australian Mathematical Society, from Macquarie University, and from the Department of Mathematics.
They also acknowledge the support for the Women in Mathematics Event and Dinner from Professor Nalini Joshi, through the Georgina Sweet Fellowship, and from the Department of Mathematics.