News and events
News from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
01 Oct 2018In Sept, A/Prof of Statistics, Ayse Bilgin spent 2 weeks in Fiji with our PACE students.In collaboration with Viseisei Sai Health Centre, they ap...
03 Aug 2018Congratulations to our student prize winners at the Faculty of Science and Engineering Awards Ceremony!We'd like to give a big Congratulations to...
- Dr Lyndon Koens, from the University of Cambridge England, joined the Department in early October 2018 as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Paul Bryan, from the University of Queensland, joined the Department in early January 2018 as a Lecturer in Pure Mathematics.
- Dr Justin Tzou, previously from the University of British Columbia, joined the Department in September 2017 as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Catherine Penington, previously from QUT, joined the Department in early August 2017 as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Christopher Green, previously from QUT, joined the Department in late July 2017 as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Mr Chris Gordon has joined the Department as a Scholarly Teaching Fellow in February 2017.
- Dr Philip Hackney, previously at Osnabruck University in Germany, joined the Department in January 2017 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Dr Christopher Lustri, previously at the University of Sydney, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in early November 2016.
- Dr Sophie Calabretto, previously at ETH Zurich, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in late September 2016.
- Dr John Bourke, previously at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic, joined the Department in September 2016 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Prof Qingyan Wu, Linyi University PR CHINA (visiting Prof Xuan Duong, Dr Ji Li) - 11 Sept 2017-10 Sept 2018
- Dr Elaheh Delshad, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, IRAN (visiting Dr Hassan Doosti) - 04 Dec 2017-03 Mar 2018
- Prof Mohamed M S Nasser, Qatar University, QATAR (visiting Dr Christopher Green) - 29 Jan 2018-02 Feb 2018
- Prof Helene Frankowska, Centre national de la reserche scientifique France (visiting Prof Vladimir Gaitsgory)
- Dr Gabriel Drummond-Cole, IBS Seoul, S Korea (visit A/Prof Steve Lack)
- Scott Balchin, University of Leicester UK (visiting Dr Richard Garner)
- Mr Karol Szumilo, University of Western Ontario Canada (Visiting Dr Richard Garner)
- Dr Linda Stals, Australian National University (visiting Dr Stuart Hawkins)
- Prof Vivek Borkar, IIT, India (visiting Prof Vladimir Gaitsgroy)
- A/Professor Ilya Shvartsman, Penn State University (visiting Professor Gaitsgory)
- Dr John Power, University of Bath (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Walter Tholen, University of York (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Kazuya Kobayashi, Chuo University Japan (visiting Prof Paul Smith)
- Dr Martin Markl, Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (visiting A/Prof Michael Batanin)
- Prof Qui Huy Bui, University of Canterbury (visiting Prof Xuan Thinh Duong)
- Dr David White, Denison University (visiting Associate Professor Michael Batanin)
- Dr Alexei Davydov, Ohio University (visiting CoACT)
- Professor Stephen Garrett, University of Leicester (visiting Professor Jim Denier)
- Dr Dongyong Yang, Xiamen University (visiting Prof Xuan Duong, Dr Ji Li)
- Prof Mahadevan Ganesh, Colorado School of Mines (visiting Dr Stuart Hawkins)
- Dr Eugenia Chen, School of the Art Institute Chicago (visiting A/Prof Steve Lack)
Events in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
1st Nov 2018 7:00pmThe Moyal Medal Committee and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics invites you to attend the lecture and presentation of the 2018 Moyal M
31st Oct 2018 2:00pmThe Mahler Lecture for 2018 is to be presented by Professor Ivan Corwin, Packard Fellow at Columbia University. The Mahler Lecture is named on ho