Equipment and Tools
- RF Network Measurements – 300 kHz to 50 GHz
- Nonlinear Network Measurements (up to 5th order) – 1 Hz to 10 MHz
- Access to Large-Signal Nonlinear Network Measurements – to 110 GHz
- Pulsed-I(V) – 100 ns with APSPA (Booking Calendar, please contact Oya Sevimli to book)
- Automated Intermodulation measurements – 2-tone to 6 GHz
- Access to Pulsed RF – HP85108 and APSPA
- Semiconductor Parameter Analysers – HP4145
- TDFD Intermodulation measurements – 110 dB dynamic range
- On-wafer device probing – Cascade probe station with thermal stage
- RF-Shielded Chamber (Booking Calendar, please contact Oya Sevimli to book)
- Networked automation of measurements with advanced scripting
- Simulation with SPICE, MWOffice, and ADS
- Parameter analysis and extraction software – MathCad
- Complete set of Cadence Design tools for digital and analog microelectronics
- Complete set of Mentor Graphics IC nanometer design tools
- Fabrication of microwave and surface-mount circuits
- Mechanical component fabrication
For more information about the facilities each group uses, visit the research centre pages.
Safety induction and equipment training is required prior to accessing research laboratories.
E6A-225 Microwave Laboratory
Before accessing the lab users should complete a laboratory induction form and contact either Yimin Xie or Susan Law to arrange a tour. Before using a specific piece of equipment users should complete an equipment request form and submit it to Yimin Xie to arrange the initial supervised test session. For future sessions users should complete a booking request form and submit it to Yimin Xie to arrange a test session time and supervisor (if required).
Please contact the staff member in charge of the laboratory to arrange appropriate induction and training.