Mechanical & Materials Engineering
This research program’s focus is on developing and fabricating materials and micro-devices. Projects involve nanoparticles for chemical and optical detection of molecules, materials and fabrication methods as well as electrical, mechanical and optical detection methods for particles, molecules and physiological states such as rare cells, blood glucose, and blood pressure.
- Computational particle technologies
- Inhaler design
- Functional nano-composite material
- Semiconductor-based nanosensor
- High-entropy alloys
- Risk analysis and accident modelling
- Candace Lang has been active in the development of metallic materials for applications as diverse as jewellery, fuel cell catalysts, and medical electrodes.
- G Leteba, RR Vanfleet, C I Lang, Synthesis of V, Pt and Pt-V nanoparticles, International Journal of Nanoparticles, (2013)
|Anita Ho-Baillie |
|Binesh Puthen Veetil |
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
|Fatemeh Salehi |
ARC DECRA Fellow