Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
The Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (ML-NLP) group studies systems that learn from data (machine learning), with a key focus of several members being systems that understand, produce and learn natural languages from a computational perspective (Natural Language Processing, which often uses machine learning techniques in tackling tasks such as machine translation or summarisation). We also work on systems built around machine learning in a range of other application areas as well, such as vision, games and virtual agents.
We have a weekly research seminar that meets on Mondays, 11.00 – 12.30, at 9 Wally's Walk (building E6A), room 357.
We also have a weekly Machine Learning Reading Group that meets on Wednesdays, 2.00 – 3.30, at the same location.
The weekly Image Analysis Reading Group meets on Mondays, 3.30-5.00, also at the same location.
Anyone interested is welcome to attend any of these.
- A/Prof Steve Cassidy [personal page][PURE]
- A/Prof Mark Dras [personal page][PURE]
- Dr Len Hamey [personal page][PURE]
- Prof Mark Johnson [personal page][PURE]
- Dr Diego Mollá-Aliod [personal page][PURE]
- Prof Deborah Richards [personal page][PURE]
- Dr Malcolm Ryan [personal page][PURE]
- Dr Rolf Schwitter [personal page][PURE]
Current Research Students
- Saruar Alam
- Ava Assadi
- Jonas Groschwitz
- Taherah Hassanzadeh
- Bayzid Hossain
- Mandeep Kaur
- Anish Kumar
- Paria Jamshid Lou
- Yitao Liu
- Robert Newport
- Omid Nezami
- Nick Reynolds
- Maryam Shahpasand
- Sonit Singh
- Leonardo dos Santos Pinheiro
- Mahmood Yousefiazar
- Zhendong Zhao
- Hadi Afshar
- Kinzang Chhogyal
- Long Duong
- Dominique Estival
- Shervin Malmasi
- Glen Pink